Ch. 17- Reunited

"What?" Questioned Alex loudly, staring at her mother in disbelief.
"Alex don't you see," Michelle replied, "this woman is not your lover, and never can be. This 'love' you think you have is nothing but a sick and twisted connection!"
"Mum, it's not! We are in love!"
"You may think you are, but this woman is a paedophile!"
"I am not!" Kate finally spoke up, "Mrs Wake, I love your daughter, but I am not what you accuse me of being. It's a simple case of we both thought the other person was only a few years apart from their own age. I mean if we hadn't met the way we did then-"
"Yes," Michelle butt in, "how did you meet? Lure my daughter into your classroom?"
"No. Mrs Wake I can assure you that nothing untoward happened! We met at the cinema actually."
"I was dazzled by Kate's beauty," continued Alex, "it sounds corny, but I felt this connection with her. I know Kate's the one for me. I mean ever since we've been apart, I've been so-"
"Apart? You're not together?"
"No," answered Kate, "I didn't think it was entirely appropriate to continue our relationship but then-"
"She actually speaks sense! So, we all go back to the way we were, yes? Both of you, apart. Do that and I won't report you, Miss Hughes."
"Please, call me Kate," how did Kate manage to stay so calm when her mother was accusing her of all manner of indecent things? This woman really was an angel, Alex thought.
"Alex, you're awake!" Came the booming voice belonging to John. Walking into the room, he sensed the tension surrounding him. "What's up?"
"This teacher, if she can even call herself that, has been having a secret affair with our daughter!"
"Wow. Ok. Well, Alex, does Miss Hughes make you happy?"
"Yes, Dad, she does!"
"How old are you, Miss Hughes?"
"Please, I'd prefer you to call me Kate. I'm 26."
"Ok, so an eight year age gap. Michelle, we have a seven year age gap," John pointed out.
"Yes, but that's different! We eloped much later and you certainly weren't claiming to be a teacher!"
"Look, I think my wife and I need to discuss this matter. To me, Kate, you seem to honestly love Alex, you've been here more than Michelle and I have and the sadness you have felt has been visible in your eyes. Seeing you now, happy, has cemented my thoughts that you really care for my girl. But obviously there are issues we have to deal with, and I cannot give consent for something your mother isn't happy with. It's good to have you back, Alex," with that, he leant down and kissed his daughter's cheek, the led his wife out of the sideroom.
"What a welcome back, hey?" Joked Kate.
"Kate. I love you."
"I know, baby. I love you too."
"You're not going to leave me again are you?"
"No. Never. I was stupid. I was trying to deny something that was essential to my life. I mean, look at how unhappy we've both been for the past few months."
"I know. How long was I out?"
"A few days."
"And you've been here? The whole time?"
"Yep. Until they chuck me out. School gave me time off."
"Kate, you really didn't have to."
"I know, but it's the thing you do when you love someone, Al."
With that, Alex drew Kate into a passionate kiss. Both had been craving this feeling for months, and now it was finally upon them, the couple became overwhelmed in passion. Leaning over Alex, Kate nibbled on Alex's lower lip, causing a soft moan from her lover. Alex's lips parted, allowing the entrance of Kate's warm tongue. God, she missed this feeling. Alex's hand was in brown hair, and before long, Kate's hand was down the front of Alex's hospital gown. Both girls were moaning and savouring the taste of each other that they had been without for so long. Then a cough from the entrance to the room caused the pair to spring apart.
"We have made our decision," announced Michelle.