Season 2 Chapter 7 : Sports Festival Finale

After Ben's match with Bakugo he was taken to Recovery Girl's office. Since he was literally blown into smithereens by Bakugo, Midnight told him to go to Recovery Girl just in case.

Recovery Girl : Well, you seem to be perfectly fine. How do you feel?

Ben : Well, it feels like everything is in the right place. I'm sure I'm fine.

Recovery Girl : For someone who was torn into millions of pieces you're taking this pretty lightly.

Ben : I've been through worse.

Recovery Girl : Well as far as I can tell you're perfectly fine, and if you say you're okay then I have no problems. You're free to go back. The next match should be starting soon so you better hurry.

Ben : Right. Thank you, Recovery Girl.

Ben then walks out of the room and starts heading to the Class 1-A stands, but as he was walking through the halls he suddenly stops while his hair was covering his eyes. He then slams his left fist on the wall as hard as he could.

Ben : *quietly* I lost...

Ben then starts to get more frustrated and raises his voice even louder.

Ben : I lost... I lost...I lost, I lost, I lost, I lost, I lost, I LOST!

Jiro : Seems like you're taking this loss pretty well.

Ben then turns around to see Jiro behind him.

Ben : Jiro...

Jiro : Good work, on the match. You honestly had me and the class a bit worried when you took Bakugo's attack. You have a real habit on making me worried, huh?

As Jiro was saying this jokingly Ben only looks towards the ground with his bangs covering his eyes. Jiro notices that his expression hasn't changed in the slightest, she sighs and then begins to speak again.

Jiro : It's not like you being so frustrated because of some match. To be honest, you did pretty good. I mean you're in the top 4, and if you beat Iida then you'll be in third place.

Ben : It's not only that...

Jiro : What do you mean?

Ben : Yeah, I'm frustrated that I lost the match with Bakugo, but I'm frustrated about the whole sports festival. From the very beginning all I've done was just screw up. 

Jiro : What are you talking about? You passed every event and went all the way to the semi finals of the tournament. How is that screwing up?

Ben : Are you kidding me? In the race I tried to transform into XLR8 but I get Cannonbolt, at the Calvary Battle I try to turn into Stinkfly but I get Upgrade, and I forgot to check my watch during the fight with Bakugo and on top of that I turn into an alien I don't even know and lost. I just made it because of my sheer dumb luck. How am I gonna keep my promise if I keep screwing up and losing...

Before Ben could beat himself up even more Jiro uses both of her hands and slaps both of his cheeks and then moves Ben's head to make his eyes meet hers.

Jiro : You are not beating yourself up because of this.

Ben : Huh?

Jiro : You, making it through all the way to the semi finals is not because you're dumb luck or you screwing up, it's all skill. Yeah you may have turned into the wrong aliens, but even if they weren't right for the job you always found a way to make it work, and because of that you passed the Obstacle Race and even helped other people through the Calvary Battle. And what are you talking about "keep losing" you didn't lose to Yaoyorozu or Ashido. You fought them with everything you had, and you went up against Bakugo who was first in the entrance exam, and that's pretty amazing.