1. A Foxy Little Pigeon (Casey)

If this isn't a crazy beaming colleague party, I don't know what is then.

   The big, two-storey house is packed with people, most of them students at the local university.

   Everyone is dancing, screaming, and drinking insane quantities of alcohol. The air smells like cigarette smoke, sweat, expensive perfumes, and exotic spices from the numerous scented candles burning on every shelf and table without any regard to the fire safety.

   Every single spot on the sofas and chairs is occupied by couples, making out as if they are completely alone or groups of friends, laughing their heads off.

   I have no idea how anyone could possibly tell a joke for the others to hear in this deafening music. The basses can be felt in the pit of one's stomach as a physical sensation and the flickering lights of the disco balls and the laser beams, mounted on the ceiling, blind the eyes to the point of not being able to distinguish a particular face in the crowd.

   I can not take it anymore.

   What on Earth was my best friend Lilly thinking, dragging me here despite my vigorous protests?

   This is the last place for a nerd to be. I have no idea whose house is this. My glasses prevent me from having the slightest idea if there's someone I know around. I don't drink and don't dance, and the whole commotion is already starting to give me an unpleasant headache.

   To top it all, upon entering the house, Lilly was sucked in by the herd of wild bitches that she calls her friends and they all disappeared somewhere with enthusiastic screams.

   I don't want to judge them, but these girls are like puppies that have just bitten their leashes lose and taste freedom for the first time. They move like a tornado, all covered in lipstick, eye liner and mascara and soaking in expensive fragrances, thinking only of boys and parties.

   For some reason Lilly is very eager to hang out with them and have started to follow the same fashion lately.

   Strangely enough, they all seem to like me a lot to my greatest horror. Despite my pitiful attempts to get rid of the attention, they always drag me with them, competing which will be the first to pinch my cheeks, ruffle my hair and hold my hand all the time. I really feel like a favorite pet, adored but whose opinion is never being considered.

   The most annoying thig is the pet name they all use for me, including Lilly. I told them a thousand times that I don't fancy it but, obviously, they don't give a shit about this. So, for all of them I'm Sweetie Pie. May be, I should be glad since it could be much worse, considering what they are capable of.

   Well, at least this time they couldn't make me follow them to wherever they scurried.

   Aghh, I really need somewhere to hide until Lilly texts me that we're good to go as she promised.

   I'm scanning my surroundings and see a big staircase on the opposite corner of the vast place. Probably, it's leading to the second floor where I can find an empty room to lock myself in till this is over.

   I run towards it and quickly climb the stairs. They lead to a long hallway which is full of people, but I see that there is almost no one at its far end where it takes a turn to the right. I squeeze through the crowd and find myself in a small, secluded section.

   There's no one here. Perhaps, it's because of the enormous dog, sleeping in front of a half-open door. I see through the slit that the lights are off inside. So, that should mean that no one is there.

   The dog is not bothering me at all. If the owner has left it lose in a house full of people, it's a friendly one. Moreover, I can see that it's a St. Bernard. These can be anything but hostile. The breed was made to help people, not to attack them. Thankfully, no one seems to give any thoughts in this direction and the fluffy giant is keeping them away. The only thing that amazes me is how it can actually sleep in the middle of this noise and commotion.

   I approach he dog and carefully skip over it. It only snorts and gives me a sleepy hooded look, lazily wagging its tail. Cutie! Then I slip through the door and close it behind me.

   Dimmed light comes through the window and I see a king size bed in the middle with a pile of blankets on it. 'Thanks God!' I sigh relieved and bounce on it with contented giggle.

   "This time you couldn't lure me with you witches," I victoriously exclaim, taking out my phone and preparing to play some Minecraft.

   "Well, well, well," I suddenly hear a deep voice next to me. "Look how this tiresome night turns out to be quite exciting. A foxy little pigeon flies in from nowhere, landing directly in my bed."

   I shriek with surprise and jump up to sitting position, looking with wide eyes at the moving pile next to me.

   A head emerges from under the blankets and the voice soothingly says, "Calm down, bunny! I thought you were braver, considering that you passed through the good, old Mozart without blinking an eye. He's a sweetheart but looks scary enough. No one has had the guts to breach his blockade so far."

   "I... I'm sorry!... I... didn't... mean... to bother... you," I start to stutter. "I just wanted to go away from the crowd. I... I'm not a party guy... at... at all."

   The boy sits up chuckling.

   "You're not bothering me, Sweetie Pie. So, you managed to slip away from Lilly and her crazy entourage." He clicks his tongue, "I can understand you. The chicks have obviously decided to eat you alive, judging by the way they are all over you all the time. It seems you're their favorite toy."

   He pauses a little and adds, "No surprise, though, cause you're so adorable."

________________________________

A/N

Hello everyone at the end of Chapter 1.

Thank you so much for reading and supporting! ❤

What do you think this adorable nerd got himself into?

Did you like Mozart?😍

Don't be deceived, he's a bad dog. 😉

I really want to know what you think of the story so far.

Share your thoughts, be free to express yourself, and criticize if you feel it's necessary.

And don't forget to vote if you enjoyed the story.

Love: Anny