22. Dangerous Adventures in The Wild (Casey)

My twenty-four hours in Heaven are definitely over.

   The unenviable situation I'm in at the moment is even more obvious, precisely because they were so amazing.

   I'm dragging my sore feet along the vast, endless, shopping gallery on the fifth floor of the biggest mall in the city, after I've been doing the same on the other four for hours.

   Summer is clinging on my right arm, whining pitifully that her feet hurt more than mine. 

   I have zero compassion for her. Every time we go out, we all keep telling her that five-inch heels are not the right thing to wear on a shopping tour. She never listens.

   My left arm is painfully stretched by the fifteen shopping bags that I'm carrying, despite the fact that none of them contains a single item that I've purchased.

   I can't believe that this same scenario is repeating every other week of my life and my newly acquired boyfriend not only wasn't able to change it, but was sucked in this madness together with me.

   Avery's not carrying any bags because he's practically carrying Emmy, dragging her by the waist. 

   She sprained her ankle on the escalator as soon as we arrived. 

   I have zero compassion for her either. It happened only because she was too busy to splotch more of the red lipstick on her mouth and wasn't paying attention where she was stepping. 

   The bad news is that a sprained ankle can never stop a wild witch from storming the shops, especially if she has an innocent victim to use for a crutch.

   Only Dahlia and Lilly are still chirping happily with no trace of fatigue, scurrying few meters ahead of us towards the next shop.

   I'm mad. Not just angry, but literally fuming, sporting a prominent pout and huffing at any occasion, especially when I'm sure that Lilly can hear me.

   This was all her doing. I'm certain it's some kind of a wicked revenge for me disappearing for a whole day and Avery, being the reason for it.

   "Fuck, I can't walk anymore! My feet are bloody killing me. Screw the shopping! I need to fucking sit, like right now," Summer whines.

   "Bitch, can't you talk like a decent human being," Emmy shrieks, freezing on the spot and almost nocking Avery off his feet. "You can't do this to me when we're only two steps away from my new lipstick."

   "What do you do with those lipsticks?" Summer barks back. "Do you eat them? You buy new ones every week."

   "It's not my fault that you don't know how to choose shoes," Emmy retorts.

   "Says the one with the sprained ankle," Summer grumps at her.

   Oh, this is so familiar too.

   Every single shopping rampage ends with everyone quarrelling and sulky due to the same reasons which, in particular, are Summer's feet, missed shops and, most of all, inevitable, draining fatigue.

   Why can't we just go to the movies for once?

   "Girls, let's calm down," Ave says conciliatory. "It's time for lunch. Let's go have something to eat."

   Oh, silly boy! He has no experience and doesn't know that the only sensible thing to do when things come down to this, is to keep quiet.

   Emmy immediately measures him from top to bottom with narrowed eyes, making him nervously fidget in his place, tossing me a pleading look for help.

   Sorry 'babe', I can't help you. I have to fend for myself.

   Emmy purses her lips and starts blinking at him with big 'innocent' eyes.

   "Ave here is very nice and will take me to the beauty shop and then to the drugstore," she sweetly announces. "I also have to buy some sanitary napkins and pads. You can actually run and grab them for me while I buy my lipstick."

   Ave's eyes go so big that I fear they'll fall off on the tile floor.

   'Brace yourself, my dear,' I sneer in my head, keeping my poker face, 'It's far not over yet.'

   "Then you can take me to the ladies' room, right Ave?" she cheerfully states, making him choke on thin air.

   His eyes are frantically searching for Lilly and Dahlia, probably hoping that the tough task can be transferred to them, but they're nowhere to be seen. I can assure him that it's pointless cause they've definitely ditched us and are now deep in some changing room.

   "Sweetie Pie, take Summer to the restaurant and wait for us there. I'll text the others where to meet us," Emmy gives her final orders, pushing lightly Avery to move.

   Summer snorts, clinging heavier on me, but remains silent.

   I'm clever enough not to utter a word either.

   My shocked boyfriend and the bossy angel start walking away with Avery tossing desperate glances in my direction.

   I feel for him deeply but I can't help him.

   These are the ups and downs of announcing himself for my boyfriend. He'll have to bear the consequences with dignity.

   Welcome to the jungle, Ave!

___________________________________

Photo by Larisa P. from Pexels

A/N

Hello everyone at the end of Chapter 22.

Thank you so much for reading and supporting! ❤❤❤

I love bossy girls. 😀😀😀 Do you like them?

Or maybe you pity the boys? 😉

Don't forget to vote if you enjoyed the story.

It's the best reward an author can gain.

See you in the next chapter.

Love: Anny