45. A Polite Invitation (Casey)

"Babe, Caesar salad is your favorite, right? Do you also want me to order..."

   "Don't talk to me," I bellow menacingly, squinting at Avery from the opposite side of the table.

   We're sitting there with Lilly, throwing hostile glares at our boyfriends from behind a fort that we've built from colorful cocktails in tall glasses. I'm drinking my third. The small, cheerful, orange umbrellas and the cute strawberry skewers in no way help me not to feel so embarrassed that I can hardly find the strength to look up from my hands which are clutched on my lap. Lilly, on the other hand, is simply infuriated. I'm sure she's barely holding back not to pounce on the two boys in front of us, mostly because of me.

   "Bunny, I didn't mean to..." Ave makes another attempt to break the ice. We both hiss at him and he immediately purses his lips with a deep sigh.

   "I didn't do anything," Bobby whines pitifully, looking accusatory at Avery.

   "I didn't do anything either," Ave retorts, pointing his finger at Mozart. "It was him!" 

   The oblivious dog is chewing happily a squeaky, rubber chicken toy, rolling in the sand nearby. I sneer internally at the thought that Avery will have no choice but to bathe him when we return home. It's a good pay back. 

   "No shit!" Summer giggles, despite Danny's selfless efforts to stop her. "It wasn't him who bought an artificial, monstrous dick with the intention to shove... " 

   "Shut up, bitch!" Lilly shrieks before our enthusiastic friend can describe all the benefits of having the said article in your possession. She then pins her eyes on her squirming boyfriend.  "And you... you shameless... dirty, cunny... "

   The approaching waitress makes a sharp turn with raised eyebrows, correctly assuming that this is not the right time to take our order.

   Lilly's rant is luckily interrupted by the jolly ring tone of her phone. We all breathe out in relief. She picks up, pouting profusely.

   "Whoever this is, I'm not in the mood for any crap," she grumbles without looking at the screen. Her expression changes to one of utter shock the next second. "Oh! Oh, I'm sorry Ebony! No, just having a small argument here. Oh, yes, yes, he is. Yes, sure, sure! He will, of course. It's so kind of you! Thank you!"

   "Oh, my God! What have I done!" she gasps upon hanging up, staring at me in disbelief.

   "What?" I squeak. "What did you do? Who was that? Don't tell me it was Ebony."

   "Mmm,... it was... actually... her," Lilly stutters, gazing at her phone as if it is a teleportation device. "She said she had been informed that Ave's boyfriend is my best friend. She also said that you two got off on the wrong foot the other day and she was sorry."

   "This is bullshit!" Ave huffs. "She's up to something." 

   "Who's Ebony?" Danny asks. 

   "Ave's demon sister," Summer answers knowingly. He nods in understanding.

   "Well, I promised her that you'll have lunch with her on Saturday to smooth things over," Lilly mumbles remorsefully, patting my hand. Goosebumps raise on my skin. Why is everyone trying to ruin me? "Sweetie Pie, maybe this is not such a bad idea after all. Ebony can be nice. She wasn't mean to me today. She can be quite friendly, If you manage to find her soft spot."

   "This is not going to happen," Ave states. "She has no soft spots. I'm one hundred percent sure that this is some evil plan that her wicked brain has given birth to."

   "You can't tell me what to do," I glare at him. "I'll do it! You can have a saying in my decisions when you learn to discuss it with me before... before buying... ugh... whatever you bought."

   "Bunny, please," Ave stars pleading, but is interrupted by a snort, coming from Danny who is trying to suppress his laughter, pushing his face in Summer's hair.

   "I'm sorry," he mutters, all red by the effort. "I just can't stop thinking about that pink... you know. The happy rabbit! Did you chose it because of the name? Because it's for Bunny?"

   Avery instantly turns crimson. He opens his mouth to answer but one look at his face just makes me crack up. How much crazier this day can become? I suddenly realize that my life has nothing to do with what it has been during the last two years. It's so bright now, and funny, and eventful and... I love it! 

    I jump from my seat and with two big steps am in front of my stupid, handsome, kinky, sweet, flustered boyfriend. I plop on his lap and throw my arms around his shoulders, laughing my head off.

   "Bunny, I'm sorry," he whispers, squeezing me closer.

   "Shut up," I grin and press my lips to his. "I love you, silly! I'm definitely one very happy rabbit!"

   Our friends start clapping and cheering but all I can think of are Ave's lips.

   "Please, don't go to that lunch," he mumbles when we finally pull apart. 

   "Oh, yes, I will," I state defiantly.

____________________________________

A/N

Hello everyone at the end of Chapter 45!

Thank you so much for reading and supporting!

Do you think Ebony has an evil plan? 😀

Share your thoughts, be free to express yourself and criticize, if you feel it's necessary.

And don't forget to vote if you enjoyed the story.

See you in next chapter.

Love: Anny