21. The Judgement Day (Casey)

We're standing in a neat row, me, Avery and Mozart, facing the sofa.

   The loyal dog decided to support us in our misery, sitting in the middle. His face, though, is not adorned by guilt and uneasiness like ours. He's happily wagging his tail at the four girls, sitting in front of us, oblivious that they are everything but friendly.

   Dahlia is on the right, her messy red curls being so bright that, if you look from a distance, you could think that her head is on fire. She's looking at us with narrowed eyes and a scowl on her face, slightly shaking her head.

   Next is Lilly with an expression that leaves no doubt that she's fully determined to slap both our cheeks until they're red and throbbing. Her chestnut hair is raised in a high bun, giving her a stylish and sweet look but no one should be deceived by this cuteness. The girl is fierce.

   Summer is sitting next to her. She's the most dangerous one. Her exquisite beauty, accentuated by raven black hair and almost purple eyes with impossibly long lashes, has tricked many people into assuming that they deal with a gentle, sensitive creature. That is until she opens her mouth. Even Avery may be intimidated by the variety of swears she knows and is not afraid to use. Luckily for us, her lips are pressed in a thin disapproving line.

   Emmy is sitting on the far left. She looks like nothing but an angel. Her curly, blond hair sticks out in all directions, framing a freckled face and big blue eyes. What made her put this blood red, thick lipstick on her mouth at nine in the morning is beyond me. Only looking at her, I feel my lips sticky. She's the only one of the four that shows traces of sympathy for our unenviable position.

   "Where's your phone?" Lilly barks, pointing her finger at me.

   I blink few times and realize I'm clueless about it. Contemplating few seconds on what to answer, I finally blurt, "I have no idea."

   "Where are your glasses?" is the next shot, coming from Summer.

   I shrug my shoulders and give exactly the same answer, earning a snort from her.

   "Are you fucking serious right now?" she bellows. "I wonder what the fuck is going on here? You both dickheads look scrofulous."

   "Bitch, watch your language!" Emmy squeaks.

   I'm speechless and only gaze at them wide-eyed. Avery, on the other hand, is smirking, quite entertained by the situation.

   "Girls, let's calm down," he says conciliatory. "Want some coffee and pancakes?"

   "Piss off, fucker!" Summer grunts.

   Oh, my God! This girl's mouth needs soap washing.

   "Where were you the whole day yesterday?" Lilly asks, pointing her finger at me again.

   "Walking the dog," I answer innocently.

   "And where did you sleep?" Dahlia sweetly chirps, raising a brow.

   "He slept with me," Avery states with a wide grin, "during the smaller part of the night."

   "And what did you do the rest of the time?" she drags even sweeter.

   "We fuc...," Avery starts but I kick him in the ankle and the sentence ends in a painful hiss. He glares at me accusingly. I return the glare and pout.

   "So, what, you're boyfriends now?" Emmy purses her lips.

   Avery looks at my mortified face questioningly. I gaze at him, not knowing what to do. I'm completely numb.

   Seeing that I won't give him any sign what I think about it, he grabs my hand and asks directly, "Do you want to be my boyfriend, babe?"

   I somehow manage to nod, despite my frozen state.

   "Then yes, we are," he proudly announces to the girls.

   "Oh my God!" Lilly screams, jumping from the sofa and throwing herself on my neck. "Sweetie Pie, I'm so happy for you!"

   Suddenly, the tense atmosphere is gone and all four are all over me in a loud pile of squeaking, cheering hugs. Mozart retreats towards the kitchen, startled by the invasion.

   "Aren't there any hugs for me?" Ave raises his brows, squeezing my hand.

   "You better be thankful that you're still alive," Dahlia glares at him coldly. "Now go and start those coffee and pancakes you offered."

   "And then you're both taking us to the shopping mall," Emmy shrieks.

   "You got it, girls," Avery beams from ear to ear and heads to the kitchen.

   "Oh, my God!" I only gasp.

   Pour Ave has no idea what he got us into.

______________________________

A/N

Hello everyone who made it to the end of Chapter 21.

Thank you so much for reading and supporting! ❤❤❤

Ave and Casey are boyfriends now. 💕💕💕

Did you expect it?

What do you think about the girls? 😀😀😀

Don't forget to vote, if you enjoyed the story.

It's the best reward an author can gain.

See you in the next chapter.

Love: Anny