36. The Secretary (Ave)

We're sitting on the vast terrace of a trendy Italian restaurant, overlooking the beach.

   The sun is setting over the serene sea, casting shades of pink on the cobalt surface of the water. The clouds are all shades of red and orange, making the sky a fairy swirl of colors.

I'm looking at Casey and can't stop thinking that his face is the sweetest thing in the world. His gaze is wandering in the distance where the outlines of a large ship can be seen on the horizon. He's biting his bottom lip. His fingers mindlessly draw circles on my palm. The breeze is playing with few lose strands, making him constantly shake his head to get them out of his sight.

   "You know that you're beautiful, right?" I smile at him.

   "Oh, stop it," he rolls his eyes, tossing a reproachful glance at my direction. His cheeks immediately brighten in light crimson.

   I know he likes to hear that I adore him, but always pretends to be annoyed.

   "You're so hot that I can jump you right here," I say just to see his reaction. I actually mean it, but he doesn't know or, maybe, he does.

   "Avery, would you, please, stop," he squeaks.

   "I feel nervous," I pout. "I need distraction."

   "Why are you so nervous?" Casey looks at me puzzled.

   "Really? You don't know why? Let me remind you that your crazy female gang cut me out completely, forbidding any type of communication with you for a whole week. When the veto was finally overridden, the scariest of them saw me naked, with my dick in ..."

   "We both know where it was," he shrieks with burning ears, before I can make my point. "You don't have to actually say it."

   "Not saying it won't change the facts," I smirk because I love too much his outraged expression. "Anyways, are you still wondering why I feel uneasy meeting them and, moreover, asking for a favor?"

   "Oh, the big, bad wolf is scared of the girls," he snorts.

   "As if you're not," I raise a brow.

   The sky falls on our heads at this moment in the form of Lilly, Emmy and Dahlia, screaming and hugging us, and Summer, who's carefully avoiding to look me in the eyes.

   "Hey, look at my favorite couple!" Lilly screams. "Aren't you two cute bunnies?"

   Cassy tosses her a scornful stare, coughing deliberately.

   "What?" she shrugs her shoulders. "You told me that Ave calls you bunny."

   "Lilly!" Casey hisses, making me laugh out.

   Emmy directly throws herself on my neck with a wide grin.

   "Averyyyy! My knight in shining armor! We're friends, right. You're not mad at me, right?" she chirps, plastering her mouth on my cheek. I flinch, startled by the bright strawberry color of her lipstick, but then bravely offer the other one. Being made up like The Joker is a low price for winning these girls' benevolence.

   Dahlia sits on my other side and beams at me, "So, what's the plan?"

   I peek at Summer, who's focused on the menu, hiding her pink face behind it. It's so uncommon for her to be that silent. I wonder who's more embarrassed, me or her.

   I clear my throat, "You know that my sister needs a secretary."

   "That bitch!" she barks from behind the leather-lined booklet.

   "Watch it girl!" Emmy huffs. "It's his sister!"

   "That doesn't make her less bitchy, calling Sweetie Pie a sponge. He wouldn't take a fucking bag of gold even if it falls on his head," Summer retorts angrily. "Oh, I'll teach her a good lesson. It's going to be me, right? I volunteer."

   "No, honey," Lilly shakes her head. "You can't hold back. You'll wipe the floor with her on the first day. It better be Emmy."

   "As if she can sit on a chair for eight hours! I give her three days at most and she'll be running away at the speed of light," Dahlia purses her lips.

   "What about you?" I ask.

   "No, sorry!" she gazes at me remorsefully. "I'm sensitive. I don't know your sister, but from what I've heard, she scares the crap out of me. I can't."

   Me and Casey both stare at Lilly with glossy eyes, full of hope.

   "I knew it!" she pouts. "It's always me."

   "But I want to be the bitch's secretary! You're too good. I could spit in her fucken coffee every day," Summer whines.

   "And that's why you don't get the job," Emmy sneers.

   "So, Lilly it is," I beam. "Let's eat!"

   "Are you taking us clubbing after that?" Dalia asks enthusiastically.

   "You don't have to ask about this, baby! Of course, they are!" Summer chirps, finally pinning her eyes into mine with a challenge. "These two kinky binkies have a lot to pay for."

   Oh Gosh! Why I have the feeling that shopping with these girls will seem like paradise to me, compared to clubbing.

   "I don't want to," Casey whimpers pitifully.

   "Nobody's asking you," Dahlia looks at him warningly. "You owe us. Besides, it will be such fun!"

   "You got it, girls!" I smile at them, full of doubt.

___________________________________

A/N

Hello everyone at the end of Chapter 36.

Thank you so much for reading and supporting! ❤❤❤

What do you think of the choice for Ebony's future secretary?

Are you excited, we all go clubbing with the lovely couple and the girls in the next chapter! 😁

Share your thoughts, be free to express yourself and criticize, if you think it's necessary. 🥰

Don't forget to vote, if you liked the story.

It's the best reward an author can gain.

See you in the next chapter.

Love: Anny