41. Call me Daddy (Ave)

I searched thoroughly through all the cupboards and the fridge in Casey's kitchen and all I could find were literally two eggs, two potatoes, a piece of ham, few slices if cheese and some bread.

   "Babe, when did you buy these things?" I ask him since he looks genuinely surprised that I managed to dig out anything at all.

   "I didn't," he shrugs his shoulders. "Perhaps Lilly bought them the other day because she was preparing the breakfast and it was something with ham and eggs."

  "Bunny, this is totally irresponsible. You don't take care of your health. There isn't a single fruit or vegetable here except these," I wave the potatoes under his nose, "which have definitely been through a lot. At least the rest look fresh."

   "Ok, mommy," he sticks his tongue out at me. "I'll buy everything tomorrow."

   His stomach growls loudly and I roll my eyes. There's obviously no time to order food and wait at least for an hour for it to come. I stare at the available products, scratching my nose. Suddenly, the idea flushes through my mind.

   "I know what to do," I beam. "I'll make 'Croque Madames' sandwiches. I'm sure you'll love them. They'll be ready in ten minutes."

   "How do you even know such words?" he giggles.

   "I know many things," I smirk. "If you want to call me names, by he way, I really prefer 'daddy'."

   "Oh, come on!" Casey laughs out. "You can't be serious!"

   I raise a brow at him while pealing the potatoes.

   "Alright," he wraps his arms around my waist, gluing to my back. "I love you, daddy!"

   "Oh, no, no, no!" I protest, feeling that a certain part of my anatomy immediately jumps up, excited at this provocation. "Shoo! Go watch some tv till the food is ready."

   "Why?" he keeps on giggling, rubbing his cheek between my shoulder blades. "I thought you wanted me to call you daddy."

   "Bunny, be careful! As much as I want to feed you, I may decide to teach you a lesson how you shouldn't tease me first."

   "Are you going to spank me, daddy?" he drags, deliberately emphasizing the last word.

   "Oh, I think that's exactly what I'm going to do," I grumble, turning around abruptly.

   Casey squeaks cutely and runs to the sofa with a loud laughter. I'd really love to chase him down but decide to let him get away with it this time in favor of the sandwiches. He sits with crossed legs on the sofa with his eyes pinned on me.

   "What else did you want to ask me?" he mumbles hesitantly. 

   "You are very interested in software development, aren't you?" I grin.

   "I am!" he answers with sparkling eyes. "What you and your team did is amazing. I've always dreamed of being a part of something so big and beneficial for the entire society. The work you're all doing is absolutely mind-blowing!"

   "Sooo," I continue, "does it mean that, if I invite you to the team, you are going to accept?"

   "What do you mean invite me to the team?" he shrieks. "Are you offering me a job?"

   "Mhm, I actually do," I beam at him. His stunned face is absolutely precious, showing both excitement and disbelief.

   "But I have no experience," he mutters.

   "You do not need experience. Smiley will show you everything. He's very impressed by you," I explain. "You and Maya will have a training period and then you'll start with the easier tasks. When it comes to the serious challenges, you'll be an expert."

   "Avery, this is so unexpected," Casey whispers, shaking his head. "I can't believe it. I have no words to express how kind you are."

   "I'm not doing it out of kindness," I smile. "You're good. It was obvious back in the office. What is most important, you enjoyed it."

   "Do I have to meet Ebony every day?" he frowns. "Oh God! This time she will have the proof that I'm taking advantage of you."

   "Bunny, don't be silly," I retort. "Don't tell me that you've let her bullshit get to you. If you avoid fifth floor button in the elevator, you may never see her. She doesn't like visiting the other departments. 'Development' is actually her less favorite, I'd say."

   Although I sound confident, I feel a shudder, rushing through my body. I can't help but worry a little. If she learns that Casey works at the company, she'll surely try something nasty. Why can't I have a loving, sweet sister instead of a spiteful witch?

   I quickly brace myself and smile, "You have nothing to worry about, babe. Lilly will be right there with you, remember? And if you accept, I will be too, every day. I promise. We'll work for the launch of the new functionality together. It is going to be so cool!"

   "Are you sure it's a good idea to spend so much time together. What if you get fed up with me? Aren't you afraid that this will kill the thrill?" he still hesitates.

   I burst out laughing, "You're such a worrywart. The thrill is not in danger, I assure you. On the contrary, I think I'll be working extra hours. When everybody else is gone, that elevator..."

   "Avery! I'm not having sex in the elevator," Casey squeaks. "Otherwise, yes, I accept."

   "We'll see about that," I wink, placing a plate with sandwiches and French fries on the coffee table.

   Casey immediately pulls me next to him by the hand and wraps his arms round my neck, smirking.

   "The food looks great and smells Devine! I'm so happy about my new job." He presses his mouth to mine and mumbles on my lips, "Thank you, daddy!"

____________________________________

A/N

Hello everyone at the end of Chapter 41.

Thank you so much for reading and supporting! ❤❤❤

Casey and Avery are coworkers now and about to move in together.

Did you expect this turn of events? 😉

Do you think everything will go smoothly at the office?

Share your thoughts, be free to express yourself and criticize, if you think it's necessary. 🥰

Don't forget to vote, if you liked the story.

It's the best reward an author can gain.

See you in the next chapter.

Love: Anny