14. Pros and Cons (Casey)

Here I am in Avery's bathroom... again. A neat pile of clean clothes, his clothes, is waiting for me to put them on... again. Only, this time I'm not taking a shower, but soaking in the tub.

   My muscles ache. It's a pleasant kind of pain, the one you feel after you've exercised a lot. What happened to us was much more than a casual workout though. The furry beast sucked the life out of us. 

   I grin at the memory. Mozart turned out to be a real pain in the ass, but I already love him.

   Avery went first to bathe with him because the stubborn dog was attempting to climb on the newly cleaned sofa, being all wet and dirty.

   The sounds, coming from the bathroom were beyond imagination. After half an hour of snorting, howling and an incredible variety of swears, some of which I had never heard before in my life and made the tips of my ears burn in red, both of them came out, clean, fresh and pouty, especially Mozart who ostentatiously turned his back to us and went to sleep in the farthest corner.

   Ave was sweet enough to clean the bathroom from the balls of dog's fur, mixed with sand and grass, and fill the tub. That's how I ended up here.

   It's Heaven. The rich foam spreads the soothing sent of vanilla and sandalwood in the air and the warm water lures me to sleep. 

   My dizzy mind lazily muses on the recent events.

   I still can't comprehend this whole situation. I was unwillingly dragging my feet towards a party, which was the last place I wanted to go to, only last evening. Now I'm settled down in the house of the hottest boy on campus as if at home. 

   Things sometimes turn in the most unexpected ways. 

   Avery hinted several times that I should stay over because it was late and I was too tired to cross half the town to go to my apartment. I'm so exhausted that I can't even imagine crawling out of the tub, not to mention traveling home. 

   But if I stay, considering the circumstances, where am I expected to sleep?

   Suddenly, all my drowsiness disappears, and I sit up, splashing foam all over the floor. 

   With all the 'dating', 'babe' and 'I want you in my house naked', he surely expects me to sleep with him. Not that anything will happen if I don't want to, but wouldn't staying mean that I actually do.

   I scratch nervously my head.

   To stay or not to stay which pretty much means to sleep with him or not?

   What do I want? 

   Of course, I want him. I'm not made of stone but...

   Argh, I'm such a coward. 

   People hook up all the time. I have the sexiest man, who also happens to want me, in the next room and I'm contemplating on it as if my life depends on the decision. 

   Why can't I for once 'ride the wave', 'take the chance', 'jump head down', or however it is called to actually dare to live your life and do something just because it's awesome?

   There's a neat row of items, left on the sink countertop for me by Avery, a tooth brush, different cosmetics and a shaver.

   If anything's to happen, I should prepare, right?

   I grab the shaver and toy with it for a while. 

   Oh, my God! I'm already considering having sex with him. 

   I toss it back on the countertop as if it just burned my fingers and vigorously shake my head.

   On the other hand, sex is a good thing. I like sex. Why the hell not?

   I take it again.

   Because I'm an idiot, that's why.

   I frown. I'll fall for him like a fool, if I've not already done it, and will be devastated when things go to hell. No, I can't go through this again. 

   I determinedly toss the shaver back on the counter and splash down in the tub, sinking in the water to the nose.

   If I'm not prepared, I won't even consider going near his bed. Yes, that will keep me from doing something stupid.

   I lay still for some time but my brain has no rest, listing pros and cons. I'm a human after all. I have needs. And Avery is just... irresistible.

   "Fuck!" I growl, rising from the water and grab the shaver.

   When I finally emerge from the bathroom, Avery is sprawled on the sofa in front of the TV with a big bowl of popcorn in his lap. The ice between him and Mozart has obviously melted since the rascal is curled on his side, persistently trying to grab some popcorn from his hand.

   Ave taps the sofa on his other side and beams at me, "Come, babe. Want to watch a movie?"

   I sit next to him and he immediately wraps his arm around me, cuddling me comfortably on his chest.

"You smell so good," he mumbles, nuzzling my hair as if we've been together forever and this display of affection is the most normal thing to do. I blink at him, not knowing what to say. My body is tense and Ave notices it.

   "Hey, relax," he smiles. "It's just you and me, Casey. It's as simple as that. You don't need to overthink it. Just do what you want most."

   I look at him in amazement. It's as simple as that. My arms sneak around him and I do what I want most. I close the distance and glue my lips to his.

_____________________________________

A/N

Hello everyone who made it to the end of Chapter 14.

Thank you so much for reading and supporting!

Did you have fun? 😊

Do you think Casey made the right choice to go for what he wants?

Share your thoughts, be free to express yourself and criticize.

And don't forget to vote if you enjoyed the story.

See you in the next chapter.

Love: Anny