[32]

So this chapter is a little shorter than the last and it gets kinda spicy. Of course nothing super detailed because I doubt y'all would want that but uhhh yeah.

Sophie's POV

"It's hopeless!" Dex yells, racing towards us followed by Lihn.

"We can't open it,"  Lihn rephrased.

They were out of breath and they looked sweaty and tired.

"Maybe I can-," I start.

"No," Fitz cuts me off. "We can't remove the knife and until you're better, you're not getting up,"

"But-."

"Your husband is right," a voice announces from my left. "We would hate for our Moonlark to pass before we can even utilize her."

Everyone's heads snap to the person, whom I cannot see because of Fitz's strict "no moving" rule.

My mind darts back to the phrase. "Moonlark." A bird that lays it eggs in the water and fly away, but remain close at the same time.

If this word, this bird, is supposed to be me, who have I left? Or who's left me?

"Who are you?" I demand. "Are you the blurry man?"

Footsteps approach. Then a pudgy face leans over me. "No, but I am his companion,"

"That doesn't answer the whole question." I spit, pain and agony mixing into my voice.

"I am your creator. The reason you're alive,"

My heart skips a beat. "You're my father? You look nothing like him, and he's dead."

"No, not your father. But I made the idea of you. You can call me Sir Forkle. I am a member of the Black Swan,"

"Black Swan? Like the bracelet I purchased?"

"Who do you think sold it to you?" The question seemed like it should be paired with a smile, but his face was blank.

"Well if you're her 'creator'," Keefe muttered. "wanna a create a way to get us out?"

"We've already gotten the guests out. Be patient, we have an idea, but it requires your full cooperation."

Everyone agreed. I was too shocked to do otherwise.

He told me how everyone would need to grab onto me and I would need to use the Phaser ability. It would apparently link up with everyone else. But I was so exhausted already that I just wanted to sleep.

Nonetheless, they all grabbed my arms, Fitz scooped me up and we all walked towards the door.

Just the motion of people moving me made the knife dig deeper into my stomach. But I focused so hard that the next thing I knew, we were out.

There wasn't time to celebrate. Fitz grabbed me and held me tight in his arms, racing off.

"Fitz I'm so sorry it ended like this I-,"

"You were right. People were going to invade. I was so damn stupid and didn't think that Cassius- er, Gisela was the invader you warned us of. I grew up around Keefe and his family, so it felt wrong turning them away."

"She's trained in combat. Better than me. I fear she will be a force to be reckoned with,"

"If the knife in your stomach doesn't already tell you that, nothing will."

We then came up to the door of the healing center. Fitz didn't hesitate to kick it open, his arms busy holding me.

"Oh gosh, what is it now-." He started, swiveling around on a chair and stopped in his tracks when he saw the knife and the two of us soaked in blood. "Get her on a cot. Now."