My Queen

"Heh.." Sophie chuckled when she heard what he'd said. Then it sunk in. "Pffft- hahahahaha! Too funny, oh my gosh. Heh."

He didn't laugh.

"Oh, you're serious. Wait- mimicking? That seems highly unlikely."

"And yet you proved that theory right. It's possible. You're breathing proof of that."

"You're kidding"

"I'm the humorous type normally, yes, but I'm not kidding this time. Sophie..you're the most powerful elf...ever. And there's so many abilities you've yet to even hear of.. these kidnappers stand no chance."

She started to tear up.

"Sophie...?"

"I'm just so scared! And overwhelmed and confused and... I've been off bed rest for less than three hours. I don't...I don't want this. I know my duty is to help, train in an army in case of emergency. I didn't ever think that I'd.."

"That you'd...?"

"That I'd be the army."

Elwin sighed. Bullhorn jumped into his lap and made a weird squeaky noise until Elwin pet him.

"So young.." He smiled sadly to himself, "yet you've been through it all. I know it's a lot to ask, especially from me. But stay strong. Things will get better after your wedding. We've even moved the date back. We realized that we need to give you time. To adjust. We're sorry."

"I don't need time. I need answers. And bandits found... I need there to be peace. I don't know how much longer I can do this..."

"For now," he stood and Bullhorn jumped off his lap, "go tell your friends. Tell Fitz. Tell..anyone."

She sighed and remained silent.

"Ya know," he chuckled sadly to himself, "I'm a physician. I can see a lot of stuff. Normally, not the mental stuff though. But I could feel pent up tension, stress, anxiety. I didn't need to be a fancy doctor to tell that. Confide in people, they're all you've got."

"Is no one going to question the fact that Sophie is blinking in and out of view?" Keefe asked.

They were gathered in Sophie's bedroom. Biana, Dex, Fitz, Keefe, Jensi and the twins sat on the edge of Sophie's bed.

Sophie was too busy pacing in circles, thinking of what to say, to hear, much less pay attention.

"I was wondering if I was going crazy..." Fitz agreed.

"That makes three of us..." Biana chimed in.

Suddenly Sophie stopped and faced them.

"I don't know how to say this..." she fiddled with her hands, trying to keep them away from her eyelashes. "So I'm just...going to blurt it out...."

They all waited for her next words.

"SO! I went to ability testing today and they started testing me, duh, and then I found out that I can sort of mimic abilities and it's scary and now I have 10 and maybe more!" She said in a rushed breath.

"I KNEW IT!" Biana jumped up. "Ok no I didn't. But why aren't you happy?! This is amazing!" She ran over and tackled Sophie with a hug.

"No," she struggled to pull away from Biana. "It's not. The kidnappers came after me. They might think that I was powerful then...what about now...?"

"What do you mean?" Dex asked.

"I mean...Elwin told me I'm...important to this world. The way he said it...it sounded like I was some weapon. Someone that would have to save everyone. I don't know if I...."