Yandere Merman

"(Y/N), get away from the side of the boat." Hearing the scream of your father, you stepped back. Despite the fact that you could have swore you saw a fish that could feed your family for three days. The rest of the village could have the fish you and your father caught while your family ate that large fish. Though you don't have anything big enough to catch it.

"Is it time to head in?" You asked glancing at the storm that was getting to close for your liking. With the island being on the horizon, you hoped you would be able to make it before the seas got to rough.

"Fine, only because I don't want the monsters of the storms coming after us." Your father huffed, turning the boat around. On the way, the seas got rougher. Watching the  waves, you felt your stomach turn when you saw some kind of large fin appear then disappear under the waves. You never believed the stories your father told you about the monsters that follow the sea storms, but that fin convinced you otherwise.

"Dad, somethings in the water." You warned, wincing at the sudden cold rain. 

"Get inside." He ordered, grabbing your arm to pull you under the deck. There was a large wave that started to over turn your boat. Making you scream as you fell into the cold ocean. It was dark and cold as the water rolled you around. At some point you couldn't even tell which way was up or down. Curling into a ball, you accepted your fate of death. Letting your conscious slip away.

"Are you awake, Treasure?" The voice was calming, but it woke you up. Blinking awake, you took in a large gasp of air like you had just surfaced. Glancing around, you realized you were in some kind of cavern. It seemed to have been decorated to look like a luxurious room.

"Thank goodness. For a minute there I thought I got to you to late." You turned to the boy who was laying half in a large hole of water and half on the land platform you were on.

"Who are you? Where am I?" You questioned, sitting up.

" My name is Gaspar, I saved you. You're safe now." He promised jumping a little to sit by you, "I figured you would need to rest for a while so I made this room to make you comfortable. Do you like it?"

Your eyes were immediately drawn to the fact that he had a tail rather than legs like yourself. Swallowing your fear, you tried to gather as much bravery as you could.

"You're one of the monsters that travel with the storms." You whispered, scooting away from his slightly. He seemed troubled at what you called him, but put an a smile, that you know would impress any girl on your island.

"Well, more like made the storm." He chuckled, waving a hand over the water and creating a decent size vortex in the water, "Some of the more unusual creatures of the sea are curious about storms, so I create the storms to bring them up from the deep. Draws them to the light of the lighting."

"Oh, so the monsters that follow the storms are just fish?" You questioned, making him nod.

"Yes, though I didn't mean to catch you in my storm." 

Sighing, you nodded. After all, he only wanted to help some fish and he did save you from drowning.

"Well, I guess I should thank you for saving me then." You smiled, before looking around again, "Do you think you can take me home?"

"Home?" He frowned like he didn't understand, "What do you mean?"

"My home? On the land?" You explained, knowing you hadn't been far from the island when you fell overboard. Surely if he saved you, he knew the island was nearby.

"Oh, you mean that little island of yours." His frown seemed to increase, "You can't leave. Don't you know once a creature of the sea saves you, you owe it your life? Meaning you owe me."

"Okay, I can do that while I live with my family on land." You explained, watching in confusion as his tail splashed the water and the water seemed to darken.

"Why do you want to leave?" He questioned, "I've seen how unhappy you are when you're on land. Your soul is drawn to the sea. Just as I'm drawn to you."

Growing concerned again, you tried to move away, but he grabbed your ankle in a surprisingly strong grip. If he's seen you on land, then how long has he been watching you. Since you're not an idiot, you figure that he made the storm, knowing you were on the boat. Glaring at him, you didn't let him intimidate you, though he did scare you in the fact he could easily drown you.

"I want to go home. I'm not asking. I can easily swim out of here if I need to." You reminded him. His glare only sharpened at you. Both of you glaring at the other with no sign of yielding. Finally though, he sighed and slipped into the water.

"You need to see something. Maybe it will change your mind about leaving me." 

You seriously doubt it will change your mind, but if it gets you home, you're willing to play along. Slipping into the water by him, you tried not to grimace as he wrapped his arms around you tightly. He didn't even need to tell you to hold your breath as he dove under the water. Swimming his way through the maze of tunnels until you were in the open ocean. Tapping his arm to let him know you needed air, he dragged you to the surface. Glancing around, you couldn't figure out where you were. As far as you could see there was only ocean. Surely he didn't drag you to the middle of nowhere to save you.

"Where's my home?" You demanded, briefly catching his smirk.

"Right here. Below us." Blinking at him, you took in a breath before going under again. Your eyes widening when you saw the familiar dock that belonged to your island. Way below the surface. Several yards if you had to guess. Lifting your head out of the water, you turned to him in shock. Clearly, he had something to do with it.

"What did you do?" You gasped pushing out of his grip.

"The only thing that would make you happy." He snapped, " I saw you struggling to help feed your family every time you got on that boat. Never having the life that you deserve. They were never going to be able to make you happy. You deserve to be treated like a queen. I decided that if they weren't going to make you a queen on the land, then you would be my queen of the sea."

"I didn't ask for this. I was happy with my family."

"You struggled to even put food on the table. Even skipping more than one meal a day." He argued before taking a breath to calm himself, "You shouldn't have to ask to have a good life. To be treated like the treasure you are. Now you can be the shining jewel of the other treasures I find in the ocean."

"You killed my family." You growled, trying and failing to hold back tears, " I'm alone now, because you apparently didn't think to just approach me and talk to me. instead you're acting like a complete nutcase."

"Yet you have no where to go, but with me." He reminded you, "You're not alone, (Y/N). I've always been there though you never saw me. Just like I'm here now. Welcoming you into my world with arms wide open."

He pulled you into a hug, though you tried to break free. Treading on the water and crying made you really tired though. He's right however. You've lost everything and everyone you loved. There wasn't even an island for you to return to. There wasn't a way to get to another island. Sobbing, you tried to ignore his attempts to comfort you.

"My treasure, this is for the best." He sighed, "I know one day, you'll grow to care about me just as I do you. I'll never leave you and I'll make you the happiest human ever. Keeping you safe from whatever may come. Even if I have to hide you under the ocean forever."

Growing more tired, you closed your eyes. Letting yourself relax in his arm as you felt yourself slowly fall asleep.

"My love for you is as wide as the ocean and if I have to drown every human to prove my love for you then I will, My Treasure."