Chapter Two

Updated: October 29, 2021
Edited: June 27, 2023

One more period, just one more before he could see his friends again. It can't be that bad, right?

Wrong.

This last class before lunch was Beomgyu's worst nightmare of a class. English.

No, it's not because he hated English. He actually enjoyed it, only he didn't think he was the best at it. He just hated the people, his classmates specifically. It's the messiest class he's ever had to sit through.

Why? You'll see.

"Ahh! Look! Oppa's here!" Was the first thing Beomgyu heard when he stepped into the classroom.

Here it comes, he thought with a defeated sigh.

As if on command, the five girls in the far corner of the room got up from their seats and pushed their way past other students, desks, and chairs to greet Beomgyu, who was at the door.

"Oppa! How do you like my hair today?"

"Oppa! You look very handsome today!"

"Oppa! Would you like to sit next to me today?"

"Are you busy later today, Oppa? We could hang out!"

Beomgyu swore he was going to get a headache from hearing 'Oppa' from these girls. He didn't even know how it all started. He only remembered answering a question from their English teacher when all of sudden five girls started calling him 'Oppa' the next day. Half of them were even older than him by a few months, and they still called him 'Oppa'.

"Beomgyu-oppa, do you think you could help me with my English homework later?"

"Want to have lunch together?"

Beomgyu sighed, refusing to answer their questions and requests, pushing past the girls to sit at his desk towards the front of the classroom. Next to him there was another girl, who was, thankfully, different compared to the others. Visually, instead of long hair that flowed to the middle of her back, she had short hair, a pixie cut that was well maintained and styled. She didn't cake her face with makeup either and didn't flaunt and flirt all over him. And, honestly, Beomgyu quite liked her, not in a crushy way. She was quite nice and fun to talk to.

"Lee Chiyong-" was her name, "-help me, please..." Beomgyu's torso lay on his desk, his cheek pressed against it. His face turned to face her.

The girls from earlier were still trying to get his attention, asking question after question.

Chiyong didn't respond to Beomgyu's request, only continuing to read the book in her hands.

"Noona~" Beomgyu whined with a pout.

Hearing that, the 'Oppa' girls squealed, but neither he nor Chiyong paid any attention to them.

And, yes, 'Noona'. Chiyong was a third-grader, not a second-grader like Beomgyu was. He didn't know much of the details behind it, but he heard Chiyong got in a fight with some guy when she was taking second grade English, which resulted in her not taking English for half of the year. And, here she was now, taking English with second-graders to make up for what she missed.

"Don't call me that." When Chiyong spoke, she had an attractive voice. It wasn't in the higher range like it was for the other girls in their class. In fact, it sounded more boyish with a slight hint of huskiness to it.

"Help me..."

Chiyong rolled her eyes. "You dragged yourself into this, how am I supposed to help you with anything."