Chapter Four

Updated: November 12, 2021
Edited: June 28, 2023

"Which ride do we want to go on first?" Beomgyu turned back to his friends, waiting for the four of them to pass through the security.

Honestly, he didn't like the security, not because it was security, but because it unnecessarily took up a lot of time. You see, five minutes in security could've been used to explore at least two of the different attractions, but instead, it was wasted on safety. It wasn't a bad thing, Beomgyu just wished it only took a minute or less instead of five.

The five of them had arrived at the park an hour before sundown. The sky was just turning a slight pinkish-purple color; a few streaks of orange appeared as time passed.

"We could go on the Ferris wheel first, or we could go on one of the big ones," the long-haired boy suggested, gaping at the many attractions ahead of him. There were gift shops too, small games to win for prizes, and little food carts scattered about. There were so many things for them to do, it was almost overwhelming, and they had three to four hours to spend there.

"Let's go on the Ferris wheel last or during sunset," Kai suggested, "the lights are on then, and the sunset is usually very pretty from up high. It'll be nice, won't it?"

The oldest nudged him, putting his arm around on his shoulder, leaning onto him. "I didn't know you were a romanticist, Kai-ah."

"I'm not...?"

"Yeah, you are. It's cute." Yeonjun ruffled Kai's hair. He then looked back at his friend group, specifically at Beomgyu. "Let's do one of the big ones, yeah? Start off with a bang!"

Kai backed away, causing Yeonjun to almost fall over. "You four do that, I'll watch your stuff..." The poor blonde was terrified of roller coasters. A step towards one, and he could already feel his knees go weak.

Soobin came up on the other side of the youngest. "Come on, Kai. You'll be okay."

"Soobin-hyung, I- I'll ride some of the other ones, just not the really big ones."

Beomgyu picked up Kai's hand and began pulling him along. "Let's look at them first, and then, you decide whether or not you can ride it."

"I-"

He tugged him forward. The three others tagging along behind. Ride after ride, none of them looked to be the biggest. There were maybe four or five that had loops and high drops, but it was hard to compare.

"Let's just pick one of them. They basically look the same anyway," Beomgyu said, standing between two of them—one of them had three loops and two tall drops, and the other had one tall ninety-six-degree drop and two loops.

Kai chuckled nervously, shaking his head. "Ah... neither."

"Oh, come on!" Yeonjun complained, patting Kai's back. "They don't hurt."

"Uh, yeah, they do." The blonde boy nodded aggressively. "If you're going to ride both, I'll sit and wait until you come back down, yeah?" Without waiting for an answer, Kai quickly made his way to a bench and sat down, dropping his backpack down beside him, and pulled out his phone from his pocket.

Taehyun sighed, and Beomgyu watched as he walked over to Kai and attempted to pull the oversized teenager off the bench. Typically, in terms of muscle strength, Kai was significantly weaker than Taehyun was, but in this instance, the strong Taehyun, who worked out almost every day, could not seem to pull his friend off the bench. "Come. On. Huening. Kai. Kamal," he said between tugs.

"Go away!" Kai protested. "I'm not going on either of them! Go yourself!"

"Beomgyu-hyung, help me!" Taehyun called.