Chapter Nineteen

Updated: February 25, 2022
Edited: June 29, 2023

Yeonjun tapped Kai's forehead, hovering over the blonde boy, who was lying on the mat and gazing up at the stars and branches hanging above him. "Yah."

"What?"

Soobin, who was doing the same, looked over curiously.

"Were the showers really broken?" Yeonjun's locks gently swayed with each movement. "The boys from Chiyong's group told me that all three of the showers worked perfectly fine when they went an hour ago." He squinted at the younger. "What are you planning?"

"Wait, what?" Soobin sat up, gazing down at Kai.

"Hehe..." A mischievous smirk appeared on the first-graders face, and he immediately received a gentle slap from the oldest.

"What is your problem?!"

"Ow!" Kai frowned, caressing his reddening face. "I promise I didn't do anything!"

"Then, what happened? How come two showers suddenly broke an hour after they were working just fine?"

"I didn't mean to set Beomgyu-hyung and Taehyun-ah up! I promise!" He rubbed his cheek with a pout. "It was that when I went, none of the water from the first two shower heads came out when I turned them on, so I called the staff that had arrived to do their nightly cleanings, and they confirmed that something must've happened so the two showers didn't work."

Yeonjun raised a brow, "seriously?"

"Of course, why would I lie? That was why I was there for a few minutes longer than usual."

Yeonjun squinted at the younger, feeling slightly suspicious.

"Hyung! I'm serious!" Kai sat up defensively. "You can call the staff at the registration if you want!"

"You really didn't do anything?" Soobin asked.

"Mhm!" The boy nodded.

Soobin sighed, shaking his head. "If- if Yeonjun and I go there later and find out the showers both work fine, then, you, Huening Kai Kamal, will suffer the consequences no matter how bad they might be."

Kai nodded hastily, eyes wide and saluted. "Yes, Sir!"

❀❀❀

"Do... we..." Beomgyu stood awkwardly by the door, still carrying his bag.

Taehyun, on the other hand, had already plopped his bag on the bench and began taking out a few necessities: shampoo, conditioner, shower gel, his many face washes, a clean set of clothing, and a dry towel.

Seeing the older still standing there, Taehyun chuckled, "are you not going to shower?"

"I- I am. It- it's just-"

"Then, come put your stuff down. I'll go start the water." Taehyun, still (fortunately for Beomgyu) dressed, walked over to the other side of the stall, turning the water on and letting it warm up.

Awkwardly, Beomgyu finally put his bag down and opened it, taking out most of the same things Taehyun had. When he gazed over at the younger's stuff, was when reality finally set in.

This really was happening, wasn't it?

He really was about to shower with Taehyun alone and... and see... see him... na- un-unclothed, wasn't he...? His face flushed lightly remembering the image he saw a year ago...

Toned muscles, chiseled chest, six-pack abs, broad shoulders... Taehyun's back muscles flexed as he pulled his shirt over his head.

Beomgyu had watched from the side, between and behind his other friends, who were doing the same, literally stripping themselves, but of course, Taehyun, who was the farthest away from him, was the one who caught his eye.