Side Story #2

February 15th 20XX

At the hideout in France, where Moxxie and Lupin were staying at the time to find a job, Moxie and Lupin were taking a moment to breathe a bit from the heist that they've done. The hideout was not very rich in luxury, but enough in comfort. The polished wood flooring, though not a high quality, was enough to step on it solidly. Enough to walk barefoot, for Lupin was going around in the kitchen making tea as music from a radio plays.

It was morning that gave off a very calming mood, well, if the somewhat constant motor vehicles roaming around is part of calming. But, one cannot complain about the view they have to see the Eiffel tower. The view of it where it could seem to be touching the sky and the clouds, Lupin felt very calm.

Moxxie relaxes over on a chair that seems to be made out of wood. Twigs and twine from one glance, but getting up close to see the horde and horde of sticks being tied, shaped, and formed to make it into a chair. He reads a book that keeps his mind occupied, the newspaper doesn't help, for it being in a different language he can't get a full handle on. He was reading Arsene Lupin, the book, not of Lupin who is making tea. Moxxie was reading to understand where his teachings and his path were taken to become as the Lupin he is seeing now. Though, he was sadly drawn to how the character was able to get away so cleverly.

Lupin: Tea?

Moxxie: Yes, please.

Lupin: Place the tea on the coffee table. Enjoying the book?

Moxxie: Yes, I am surprised you learned much from this one book.

Lupin: Have many books back in my complex down under.

Moxxie: 'Down under'?

Lupin: Points down.

Moxxie finally gets the jest.

Lupin smiles and sits down at the couch with his tea. After he took a sip, he began to read the newspaper with his legs crossed. Moxxie was curious upon Lupin reading the newspaper, in french.

Moxxie: Can you read that?

Lupin: Reads Yes.

Moxxie: How?

Lupin: Looks up and thinks. I have no clue. Look at Moxxie. Since my first walk in France, I was able to both read and speak french. Along with any other languages rooted with Latin.

Moxxie: Seriously?

Lupin: Mirum sane honeste. Tanto linguae claustra pervadit.

Moxxie: ...Wait, you said first walk in, you mean you came up here alone?

Lupin: Ita.

Moxxie: How? You didn't take the book from the office.

Lupin: Yeah. Been meaning to ask. Folds the newspaper. Why do you guys still have that? Thought you guys would've got it down by now.

Moxxie: But...We...Stolas...How did you-

Lupin: Okay, after reading the book. I got it down and started writing down when I got back to my place.

Moxxie: Y-you mean to tell me, you read an entire passage to opening a portal to the human world, after just looking at it once?

Lupin: ...I read it thoroughly.

Moxxie looks at Lupin with a confused look.

Lupin: I have an Eidetic memory, commonly known as photographic memory.

Moxxie: Ah, I see. Now it makes...some sense.

Lupin: Some?

Moxxie: Well, i just don't know how you can do a spell without the book.

Lupin: Wait, not you or anyone of IMP can use magic?

Moxxie shakes his head.

Lupin: Huh, here I thought every hellborn can use magic.

Moxxie: Some can, but not every demon in hell can use magic.

Lupin: Huh.

Moxxie: Still, that is a very advanced spell. And you succeed by looking at it once.

Lupin seems to only think of another matter on his mind. "So, how did I cast that spell?" He thought. "I only saw it once and I drew the portal...I didn't feel much different...I wonder if it's different to any other spell caster in hell." He thought as he leans back, he seems to be in such deep thought.

Moxxie had noticed Lupin thinking, he felt a moment where he was going too deep into thought. So he begins to try and get him out of the trance that Lupin is in. As he finished drinking his tea, Moxxie tossed the tea cup at Lupin's direction. Lupin had caught the tea cup with his free hand; and true to what he thought, Lupin snapped back to reality.

Lupin: Why would you do that?

Moxxie: So you can not think that far, think about the present.

Lupin smiles and looks at the tea.

Lupin: Another cup of tea?

Moxxie: Yes, I drank it too fast. And I need the pep for the day.

Lupin then goes to pour Moxxie some tea. For the rest of the day, they relaxed as the music from the radio played along.