Honest Thief

Have you ever seen a standoff between two gunslingers in the middle of town ready to draw their pistols? Well, the standoff between a hellhound and an Overlord was to be a no-brainer on who would win, but somehow, it was a presence that many would see how far one would go to defeat the other. Charlie saw this, along with Vaggie, but Vaggie found it little less than important for she fears a fight too close to Charlie.

Vaggie: If you two cabezas de chorlito; don't cool your jets and tell me what the actual fuck that was all about, I will use this to shove up your-

Charlie: Vaggie.

Vaggie turns her attention for a moment to Charlie, then back to the two.

Lupin: I would also like to know...why did you summon your shadows upon me?

Alastor's smile was still holding and showing his sharp teeth that would rather tear Lupin apart then talk, along with the eyes holding excitement and wonder what will come next, to be the most amazing show of despair to Lupin's failure. He takes a moment to breathe, upon taking this breath, his excitement becomes calm and level headed. His grin before now becomes a somewhat bearable normal look, instead of wanting to bare his teeth upon Lupin, it's now just a grin that is willing to talk.

Alastor: You, my hellish hound friend, were answering questions that you and I suspected.

Lupin looks at Alastor with confusion.

Alastor: You mean to tell me you didn't know?

Lupin: ...Considering the shock I was going through and the fighting...Yeah, my mind only scratched a surface.

Alastor: But you seem to follow the conclusion, no?

Lupin: ...Oui. Relaxes his hands and puts them in his pocket.

Vaggie: What the nine hells are you two talking about?

Alastor: Turns to Charlie and Vaggie. Our thief is able to detect shadows, in this case, shadow magic.

Charlie and Vaggie start to look at Lupin with curiosity.

Alastor: I thought it a fluke when we met, due to it being of fear in the presence of an Overlord. But upon taking a literal foot in Hazbin Hotel, I started to doubt it to be a fluke.

Vaggie: So he can sense your Voodoo when ever your-

Alastor: I believe that he can sense other Shadow magic, though this is a far fetching idea.

Charlie was listening to what Alastor was saying, but she was seeing how Lupin was...trying to piece things together.

Alastor: I also suspect that our dear hound didn't even know he has this ability.

Vaggie looks to see Lupin's face being concerned with his ability that he never knew of.

Charlie: But why did he do a giant leap away from the hotel? There wasn't a-

Lupin: It's my instincts, your highness.

Charlie and Vaggie then turn to Lupin, who he turns to them. Both Charlie and Vaggie see Lupin gain his compussre before, calm and level headedness that was there before. They both heard his words to hold no lie as well, for his eyes were much calmer than they were when they looked directly at Alastor.

Lupin: I am a hellhound, it's my nature if I am entering into a...hostile territory.

Charlie: tilts her head in confusion. Hostile? But we didn't show any hostility to you.