2

Skylar hid her fear by laughing hysterically. "My old uncle Frank must be calling me for good'ol fishing!" She was getting good at her little pretend game.

"Are you sure you're not past the gone or something?" The short one asked observing her. The tall one came close and did the same. "Madness hasn't filled her eyes yet and I think she's not a crank at all."

This can't be good. She laughed even more and swated the launcher of the tall guy. He immediately gripped it and pointed at her head. "I took back what I said let's just bring the girl in"

Skylar stopped laughing. Her heart was pounding really hard on her chest. This is it. Although fear was eating her, there was also a sense of excitement. Newt.

But she feared Newt. Now that he doesn't remember her and he has the flare.

She pushed that thought aside and started entering.

The short one was very talkative. He explained how things work. The place was rings within rings and the middle part was the Central Zone.

They went across poorly constructed huts and houses and streets filled with trash. Luckily there wasn't a single crank on the way.

"So" she finally spoke. "Do I get a house here or what?" The tall one nodded. "Find vacant homes. They're usually at the corner or the Palace"

"You really don't seem like a crank to me" he added. Skylar was nervous that they might give her a test. "But you are. Why don't you use the bliss and hide home?"

She actually brought some. Not for her but for Newt. "I bought some. I told you, family hates me" She repeated the word me several times.

"Be careful some of these guys are nasty. Once they know someone is using the Bliss they wouldn't hesitate to take it. No matter what" he warned her.

Now things just got worst. There were shouting as they came close at the Central Zone. "I don't like to enter" Skylar said with the obvious fear in her voice. "You can all be in your way"

The two guards nodded in approval and started heading back. The short ome grabbed her shoulder. "If your way past the gone, we won't hesitate taking you to the most devastated parts of the world okay?"

She didn't nod. "I might compliment you. You're too pretty to be a crank." Then he went with his comrad.

Skylar wanted to settle down first before finding Newt. She knew he was somewhere here.

She went back to the outer rings and to it's corners. Kicking the trash. There were five brick houses there. It seemed to be inahabitant. But she was not sure.
Just before the first house, there was a couple kissing each other on the balcony. So that must be their house. They seemed harmless enough to talk to.

"Um excuse me" She hesitated at first but asked them. They stopped kissing and looked at her. Just like her, they don't look like cranks. "Are these five houses occupied?"

Unfortunately the girl nodded. "Yah yah yah. Don't wanna steal those if I were you" Skylar could perfectly tell that it wasn't true. The houses looked abandoned and perhaps untouched. But she may never know.

"What's your name pretty girl?" She asked. She was smiling and clapping her hands. Soon her man joined her.

"Skylar" She said without expression. She doesn't want to waste her time anymore. If she can't find a shelter, she'll find Newt first.

She totally bailed the idea that just crossed her mind. Maybe if I just lived with them. They seem harmless. But she could never be sure.

"Pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty name for a pretty pretty pretty girl girl gril" She smiled at the lady and began hoping away just as what she did to enter here.

"Careful okay?" She heard the guy. Skylar looked back and she raised her thumbs up. "Sure sure sure sure" Maybe she could even have friends here. Maybe this wasn't a bad idea.

She went hoping from ring to ring; corner to corner. But still no sign of Newt. She can't call his name yet. He can't remember her. So if she called his name Newt would automatically guess that she was from the WICKED and automatically hate her. And that's the last thing that she wanted to happen.

On the way to another ring, she got a glimpse of what's inside the Central Zon e. It was horrible, she thought. The place was crowded with cranks that are obviously almost way past the gone. The fear came back to her.

Luckily no one actually took notice of her. Except some guys who smiled at her wildly. It seems like only a few cranks are on the streets. Everyone seems to be gathered at the Central Zone. Which she was very thankful for.

It was and extremely hot day. Skylar felt all dried up from all the walking and searching. There was a drinking in a steep corner nearby. She walked to it.

The corner was filled with rubbish. But the hand laying on the floor freaked her out. She sprinted to the fountain and quickly drank from it.

"Hey Munie" There was a raspy voice a few feet away from her. Fear immediately devoured her. Someone knew that she was Immune. She turned around slowly. It was a tall guy with gray hair. He was holding a broken glass. His hands bleeding from were he held it.

"Where?!" She acted all shocked and scared. Hoping that this guy would fall for her act.

He chuckled. Sending her chills all over her body. "Don't be a fool. It's pretty obvious that you are Immune. Heard that you got some bliss."

She was frozen. She searched the area for weapons but nothing seems to show up. The guy took a step closer. "Gimme those and get back to your healthy bloody life"

He was walking closer. Pointing the broken glass towards Skylar. She immediately remembered the knife in her pocket. She took it out. But it's obvious that this guy has the advantage.

"NO!" She throwed her knife to the air hitting the man into his chest. Just like when she saw Gally did it.

Her hands were shaking. The man didn't seem hurt. He was laughing. Gripping his weapon more tightly. Madness all over his eyes. This man was way past the gone.

"You shouldn't have done tha-"

Without a second, there was a loud charge then someone shot the man with a launcher. He stood up as electricity covered his body. He was shaking and screaming. He fell down and was shaking uncontrollably.

Skylar covered her mouth. Her face was nothing but shock and fear. She quickly pulled herself together and looked at the person who saved her.

He was tall, dirty, and blond. His brown eyes staring deeply into her. He was also shaking.

Newt.

--------

I really don't wanna say something here but I have to lol
So here you go :)

Just to be clear Skylar isn't one of them in the trials. She's just an ordinary staff at WICKED