7

The rest of the afternoon was pretty boring.

They were back at the bowling alley doing nothing. Newt was still stabilizing him. While Skylar was just observing him.

Both of them didn't spoke. Which made the whole scenario a lot more boring. The only noise were the people groaning and the fireplace.

The black haired dude, which name was Jarvis came near them. He just wanted to check on Newt.

After a few minutes, he went near the fireplace.

"Newt" Skylar poked him. She wanted to ask a favor from him. Since the Bliss was making him a little nicer.

"Yeah?" He faced her.

"Can I get one favor from you?" She hesitated first but finally spoke.

He raised his eyebrow. Signaling her to continue.

She gulped. Thinking of a way on how to say it. "Errrmm.. Can you convince Jarvis to let me go with you guys to Denver?"

Newt looked back at Jarvis who seems all cheery by the fire. Then turned back at her. "Give me one good reason why I should?"

I just wanted to be with you. Of course she couldn't say that aloud. She tried her best to come up with something. "I have nothing to do here anymore. And I don't want to turn crazy with this guys. I want to loose it to the city were I was born"

It wasn't what she was expecting. But she prayed that it'll be enough to convince him.

"Bloody lame excuse" He snorted. Her palms were sweating again. "But it'll do, since I need more of the bloody bliss." He was just using her for the Bliss. But she still hoped that they'll form some sort of friendship along the way.

He crawled from the lane and talked to Jarvis. They both seem to nod.

Newt came back and nodded. "You're in with us" She squealed a little earning a weird look from him.

--

She layed down beside him. His back turned against her. They were a feet apart.

Skylar saw the orange sky from the small hole above. They both wanted to sleep early since Newt had said the night here was horrible.

She was scared that what would happen. What would happen when she was asleep. What if she woke up finding out he was gone? Or what if she was gone?

This place was full of endless horrible possibilities.

Little did she knew, her fear were the reason that caused her to sleep.

Skylar fell into her dream world. More likely her memory-dream world.

She was older now.

Newt did become one of her closest friend. Everynight she would sneak up pizza to deliver in his room.

It was a good thing that there were no more guards in the front of his room, since he already knew how things work here and he wasn't a newbie anymore. It made the pizza sneaking a lot easier.

But things became different now. WICKED had installed a cafeteria for the subjects, since the maze was almost finished. They had extra money to add more facilities.

Everyone eats there already. Skylar was now incharge for serving the food to them.

Sometimes when the subjects finished training at midnight and everyone in the cafeteria are past asleep, it was her job to deliver food. Which she was very thankful of.