29

"Skylar what happened?" Newt rubbed her back as she let out her sobs.

She didn't answer. Her vitality was drained. Her fears and tensions were being washed away by his comfort.

"I'm sorry for leavin' you. I was just takin' a walk in the woods and rested 'ere by the bloody cliff." He said in a low tone.

The gunshots. She remembered. Her eyes traced on Newt's pants until it fell into his patched pocket.

A gun was hanging inside it.

She untagled her arm from Newt and reached out for the gun.

But Newt immediately caught it. And his hand landed on the pary where the nail was bored into earlier.

"Shuck" She yelped and he released his grip immediately.

He grabbed that arm again with a gentle grip, a few inches away from the cloth that covered her wound. "What happened to this?" His face filled with concern.

She wiped the tears from her eyes as she observed Newt completely sealing the bandage. "Some crank attacked me earlier. The fight was nasty"

"There ya' go!" He showed her what he had done. Showing it off as if it was his masterpiece. "I know a thing or two about bloody bandages." He chuckled.

His face got a little blurry. And her head throbbed once more. Her knees began to shake. Ugh.

Suddenly, her body collapsed. But Newt immediately caught her in his arms.

"Skylar?" Newt tried to shake of her head that was placed on his arm. "Hey"

Her eyes were half opened as she was facing the scenery of the glorious sun rose from the ocean, that was a hundred feet below the cliff.

"I'm alright" She spoke in a low tone. "I just didn't sleep well and I'm awfully tired and scared"

"What happened back there?" He asked.

"Please, let us not talk about it." But I need to ask him about those gunshots. "Let's just say that my ass was saved by a couple of gunshots that scared of those crazies." She tried to put humor while opening the topic up.

Newt, who was still carrying her in his arms, sat down a few inches from the edge of the cliff. "I guess even when I'm away I'll still be 'er to save you" He smirked.

"So the gun shot did came from you?" She looked up to him. The sun rays piercing his face. Revealing the scars that was carved into his face. His face distracted her from bringing up the topic.

"Newt are you trying to kill yourself again?"

His brown eyes met hers. And his face went a little pale. He raised his eyebrows. "Again? When?"

Back inside that maze. She mentally answered him. He doesn't remember what happened last night. I guess I'm safe. Since I kinda told him everything. And that kiss. "Last night"

"I don't remember anythin'. Shuck. Oh maybe it's because I took a few bliss from your pocket, if you don't mind, and "er" A let out a huge sigh.

"Newt you lost it last night." Her tone was serious. "We were screaming and fighting. You tried to kill yourself." And even asked me to kill you.