42

The statement was barely heard when the sound of a fired up engine had mixed with it.

Tideswine. It had been years before she had heard of that name. It was her family name. The one which WICKED had forced to forget.

Skylar twisted her body to the sound of the engines. Facing whatever this klunked up life would bring to her.

Two cars. Race cars to be exact. Old and busted race cars.

Engines roaring. Headlights are on and were faced infront of her.

Fear stroke inside her when her eyes landed inside the two windshield.

"Hello Skylar!" Those two eyes were bloodshot. Madness filling each corner.

Dust and debris had already been painted outside the glass but she could see the chaos within.

Jason was inside the left car. Aggressively gripping the wheel. Grinding his teeth as his eyes were glued on her. He's infected

The other car's engine overpowered mini Ratman's. Catching Skylar's attention.

"Now this is what a real street brawl looks like!" Her whole system was shocked when she saw the person inside.

They must've reached Denver before we even did. "Time to settle this, Munie!" He clenched his teeth.

It was the guy back at the Crank Palace. The street fighter, as she would call it. Eversince they defeated this guy, nobody had seen him ever again.

Run. Save your friends. Her subconscious was screaming.

I'm not running. She answered back. Swallowing all her fear. As she proudly stood their infront of them. I've faced everything and anything this shucked life throws at me. What more could it offer?

The huge chunk of broken glass caught her attention. Without even searching for other weapons, she grabbed it. 

She tightened her grip. Blood dripping out from her hand.

She didn't care. She didn't care about it nor the two cars infront of her. Nothing matters anymore. Let's just get this bullshit over with. So I can come back for my friends.

You're stupid! You can outrun them! Climb and then you're free! You're wasting your time! That was the other part of her. It was screaming trying to make her courage deaf.

Jason rested his elbows on the stirring wheel. "How can you tell if a person is dead already?"

She didn't answer. She thought it would be stupid to answer foolish questions from people like him.

Regardless of her silent response, he continued. "My brother told me things about you. One of them is where WICKED got you. The girl who lost her parents in a car accident."

He raised his finger. "He said you had one statement that he remembered most. 'WICKED can never be trusted' Cute isn't it?"

She didn't get him first. But she waited for him to finish. There was something about his words.

"When they first got you, you were all alone in your house. Waiting for your beloved parents. But what happened? Guards came and told you that a car accident had happened on the way then you were taken by this weird men in suits. Telling you that they'll adopt you because your Mommy and Daddy is in heaven." He chuckled. "Now let me add another question."

Shut up! Shut up! She was mentally screaming. She couldn't take anymore of this. Her past. Her parents. Her childhood. All taken away and destroyed.