44

The silence and tension wasn't stopping until eternity.

Her eyes were darted below where Roselle and Aaron's bodies are found.

His left hand was attached to her wrist. He clang on his sister for one last time.

They were down to six people inside their pack. If 'pack' is still the appropriate word for us.

She saw Newt from the corner of her eye. His eyes were glued down to the tragic incident infront of them. He didn't dared to move, just like everyone else.

He shrugged off his shoulders then flickered his eyes multiple times. And surprisingly started walking away.

Eyes darted ahead, she thought of it that he was avoiding the horrifying scene below.

Five feet ahead, two others followed him. Skylar couldn't push herself to move even an inch.

Her bottle of emotions trying to break loose. There was too much. She could feel the liquid in her eyes wanting to explode.

That's when she felt an arm gentle landing towards her shoulder.

She twisted her head looking back and seeing Jarvis right beside her. His face was overly paled. The scars and scratches were like dried red marks placed on his cheeks.

"This is so messed up." He weakly smiled. His other arm grabbing her other shoulder. She flinches as his hand touches her injury. But she didn't really cared.

That's when she surprisingly pulled him into a tight hug. As she made her bottle of emotions ajar. And let a few out.

After a few seconds, she sealed it again and untangled her arms from him.

"Jarvis." Her eyes still wet, making his face a little blurry. "I'm..." I guess I should tell him too. "I'm just like Roselle."

He raised his eyebrow at first as a sign of confusion. But then relaxes his face when he understood what she meant. "Then why are you here? I mean why are you with us?"

She twister her head seeing Newt and the others about hundred feet away from them. Then she shifted his glance back to him. "Isn't it obvious." Her words came out like a whisper.

Jarvis nodded back at her. Then made a deep breath. "We better catch up with those guys." He shook his head.

She nodded back as they started jogging away. Every time she moved an inch away from her friends felt like something stabbing her own feet. Why would Roselle end up like that? She didn't the deserve her ending.

After making one final turn, they made it inside the stretching highway.

Tall barricades on each side. I remembered those. Those where the walls that kept us safe from the outside. It's kind of like the maze walls the only difference is that these walls are made to secure our future, not to destroy it.

Rusted cars moved around in all direction. Some started hitting each other. While a few were driving in maximum speed. She prayed that Jason nor the street fighter won't be insight.

Cranks clustering on what seems to be a pile of trash. Others roaming around.

"We better-" She heard Jarvis behind her. His voice was trembling.

She twisted her head. Revealing the veins on his neck turning red as he was uncontrollably shaking. He shook his head a few times and blinked his eyes. Madness pushing to get inside him. Not now Jarvis please.

Newt and the others staring back at him as they waiting for him to continue. Each of them aware that the flare was already taking over him.

Skylar was on the edge of handing the bliss out to him. As her hands dug down her pocket.