28

The piercing inhuman sound rattled her body and her unrecovered and throbbing head.

She covered her ears and dug her head on her knees. Fear rising on her insides. Please make it stop.

A minute has passed before her request was granted. Somehow, the scream had an effect on her body.

Skylar tried to stand up. But each movement that she made seems to vibrate. And the sound earlier was being echoed inside her head.

She fought the pain inside her head and shrugged. Newt. He's gone.

A branch above her helped her stood up. Should I run? Where?

"Newt" She let out a small cry. Tension rising inside her.

Images of the cranks that attacked them from the bridge came flashing around her mind.

Anytime, it feels like something is going to jump right behind her and devour her insides.

She felt eyes. Eyes watching her. Waiting for her to make one wrong move.

I need to find Newt. Who knows what he might do to himself. He almost killed himself last night with that gun. "The gun"

The memory from last night came flashing by her mind. Every detail felt alive. Especially that kiss.

Her back leaned against the tree. She wanted to think of a strategy on how she'll escape this threatening atmosphere. Or wait when the spook goes away. Which seemed to be impossible.

But her mind trailed off to that kiss. And every word that was spoken.

I told him everything. We kissed. But it didn't felt like we did. I mean I've missed those lips for a very long time but it actually felt like it was just a kiss. Is it because we were both angry that time? Or it's just the simple fact that he doesn't remember me and that the kiss also had no meaning to him.

Her attention went back to reality, when a gun shot exploded. Shuck.

She didn't even think twice about standing up and running. She stepped on the rocks while crossing the stream. The sound came from the other side of the woods. No doubt it was him.

I need to hurry. The thought of Newt successfully killing himself was constantly appearing in her mind's eye. She kept pushing it aside, but the picture of him laying down the ground while covered in blood, burnt inside her brain.

To make the situation worst, the piercing inhuman scream came out of the picture once again.

Skylar's heart tumped. She picked up the pace while dodging the trees infront of her. I'm shucked. She kept her focus even with the threatening environment.

So the sound came a few meters from here. But how will I know where?

Another gun shot fired. An ounce of relief got inside her. At least I'm assured that the first shot didn't kill him.

"But maybe this one did" Her subconscious added. She didn't put much attention to it, instead she kept on running to that direction.

The first gleam of dawn striked ftom the trees in front of her. Finally some light.

When she thought things were about to get better, someone was running alongside of her.

She halted her tracks. Suddenly, the piercing scream and the running stop.

"Good girly"

Shuck. Her skin went cold and her body was frozen upom hearing someone behind her.