45

There was something definitely up with the white van that passed through the road.

She can't point a finger on it. It's either there was something utterly valuable inside there or that the van seems like it's literally brand new. Which is unlikely to see inside this klunked up city. Unless you're from WICKED.

Her eyes widen as she shifted her glance from Newt to the van.

Atleast three race cars where following it. Making a road rampage around the highway. And cranks were all around the area.

Three of those cars stopped infront of the van. Making a barrier.

She tilted her head a little to process everything that she had just witnessed.

It's best to say that Newt getting back his memories was a miracle. She loosened her arm on her waists.

"Well" He started talking once again. "If this would help you, I manage to learn to turn off-"

That's when it hit her. What Braun really meant was, "I manage to learn to turn off his swipe." To restore all of his memories. That's what he meant.

Her thoughts were caught off when she heard the van slamming against the cement.

It backed up a little then stopped for a few seconds.

Newt was at least twenty feet away from the van. There was something in his eyes and whole expression. Which she can't point out on. He was staring directly inside it. Eyes darted inside the shattered mirrors.

Before she could even shift her gaze, the van door started to open.

The reason why there was something suspicious with the van, was that there was someone inside in. Someone who stepped out and started walking towards Newt.

Their old friend, Thomas.

Newt's expression turned cold and he frowned directly at him. It was like there was madness and sanity both flickering inside those hazel brown eyes.

Thomas kept his distance from his friend.

"Hey. Newt. It's me, You still remember me, right?"

Suddenly, there was something that filled inside Newt's eyes, clarifying it. The tension on his face fell out.

She saw Thomas, being taken by surprise.

"I bloody remember you, Tommy. You just came to see me at the Palace, rubbed it in that you ignored my note. I can't go completely crazy in a few days." He hissed.

Thomas was obviously hurt by his choice of words. "Then why are you here? Why are you with... them?"

Newt shifted his eyes towards the cranks clustered on the garbage piles then back at Thomas. "It comes and goes, man. I can't explain it. Sometimes I can't control myself, barely know what I'm doing. But usually it's just like an itch in my brain, throwin' everything off-kilter just enough to bother me- make me angry."

"You seem fine right now." She watched as the two friends started to have conversation.

"Yeah, well. The only reason I'm with these wackers from the Palace is because I don't know else what to do. They're fightin', but they're also a group. You find yourself alone, you don't stand a bloody chance." He finished.