10

Skylar screamed as the knife went pass her cheeks.

She laid down to the ground and covered her wound. It's almost like she was going to cry because of the pain. Blood dripping from it.

On the other hand, Newt just stood there. He seems to be lost for a while. He was just staring at her and doing nothing. His face wasn't angry anymore. It was confused.

She twisted on the other side seeing him snap out of himself.

"Skylar!" Newt came close to her. "Shuck it! I'm sorry I didn't mean to.. Ugh"

She wasn't screaming anymore. But pain was painted in her expression. She watched Newt as he dug down the pile of trash, a few feet from them.

I couldn't be angry at him. He doesn't know what he's doing. Skylar thought.

A few seconds he came zooming back with a dirty piece of cloth in his hands. She saw him opened a water bottle at his side and washed the cloth.

Newt held Skylar in his arms. He placed the cloth in her cheeks. "I'm sorry. I have no bloody idea what I was doin'."

The cloth hurt her a little as it was placed on her cut. As crazy at it looks, she was smiling. Smiling at the fact that Newt didn't mean what he did and he still has this concern for her.

Her flinched caught his attention. "Should I add more water?" He asked.

"It's alright Newt" Skylar gently took the cloth from his hand as he held it in her cheek. "I should be the one sorry. I'm just I dunno. Flare thing." She gave him a warm smile.

"Trust me the Bliss did work on me" He offered his hand to help her stand up. Which she gladly accepted. "It's just an'ful bad dream. I think that bugger affected my bloody mood today." He sigh.

She scanned him. Her eyes fell in his hand noticing his launcher was gone. "What ever happened to your launcher?"

"Oh. I was a little shocked when ya' disappeared in the mornin' so I went to find ya'. I ran in a group of crazies that are havin' a street fight. So blasted em' with that and it was stolen from'e."

Her eyes widen when he said it was stolen. Newt chuckled a little. "No worries! I made sure it was all out of bloody bullets."

"But" He continued. "Could you be a friend and listen to me whine my bloody dream? I just need someone to open up to. I guess that'll make me feel better. As everyone say."

A friend. I don't want to jump in to conclusions but I guess I gained his trust a little. She nodded gladly. "Of course."

Newt nodded and gestured her to follow him out of the zone. "I don't want this crazies to hear'et follow me." He wasn't pulling her hand anymore. Which she wasn't thankful of. Not that she wanted it, but it made her feel safe.

After a few walking and kicking the trash, she noticed the old five brick houses that she saw when she got here. Newt halted as he stepped infront of the last house.

Skylar remembered what the two couple told her about these house. "Someone told me that these houses were occupied."

"Doesn't seem to me" With that sentence, he kicked the door wide open. Then turn back to her. "Oh here's your knife by the way"

She took it and placed it at her pocket.

They both went inside the house. It only has the first floor and no other rooms. Nor furnitures. The walls aren't painted and the windows are all broken.

From the corner, there were stacks of cloth. They seem to be bed sheets or curtains.

"A well designed architecture I must say." Newt sarcastically said. He went inside getting one piece of cloth from the corner. It was long and wide.