Chapter fourteen

Chapter 14
Hunting palismen PT.2

Y/N

I hear Hunter's 'hm?' of confusion before I'm thrown forwards into the sky. The air is cool against my outfit and I feel tears streaming from my eye at the speed I'm headed at. I quickly draw a circle in the air and form a quick plant spell, a vine saves my neck as it connects to the ship, I latch onto it and let it pull me back to starboard. I check to see if Hunter has landed - he has - since I couldn't see him from my left.

Unfortunately, it is in fact the human. I knew i recognized her somewhere. I readjust my mask before jumping onto the ship heavily, loudly, my boots must have dented the floorboards.

"Now how do i land this thing," the human asks the air. Or maybe the little red palisman beside her - I think back to Vix and watch her still curled up on the side, resolutely not talking to me.

"Oh you just pull that lever there," Hunter makes his grand entrance and I smile under my mask. My face feels a little warm under here, I guess the adjustments we had to make to the mask made it slightly stuffier.

"Oh thank- you?" The human turns in shock to stare up at him.

"Hiiii~!" He laughs, waving the staff causing the human to fly back, painfully hitting the side, magic keeping her trapped in place.

I jump back down, facing her, keeping watch. Funny isn't it, Raven watcher, watching people- no that came out wrong. That makes me sound like a stalker, I'm not i promise.

"HEY!" She yells, annoyed.

"Good to see you too human," Hunter dusts off his uniform and turns to steer the ship.

Luz gives up on him and turns to me, fury locked in her eyes.
"Why are you stealing palismen, Raven watcher?"

Again, I think of Vix, and my legs begin to shake but i regain my composure. I have to do this. The Emperor's threat still reigns fresh in my ears "don't think I'll be lenient on your 'friend' the golden guard either" I swallow.

"Y-You should be more worried about yourself you know," Titan, why can't I speak, "For the crimes of uh- rocketing us from our own ship you'll be locked in the darkest cell in the conformation for the rest of you life."

All humans are afraid of the dark, i've read about it in "a study of the human realm" -well Hunter has i fell asleep halfway through. Its not really the dark they're afraid of, more the fear of the unknown. I can applaud that, being frightened of the unknown is more like preparing yourself for what lurks in the corner of your eyes, just out of sight. I've learnt by now you have to prepare yourself for a lot of things.

But the human looks unaffected, "pfff, whatever i already broke out there like twice."

"Then we'll just zap you to dust and throw you into the sea, that better?" Hunter hollers from the steering wheel, I'm secretly grateful for the save.

Luz shakes her head, annoyed.
"good."

Without much to do, and i don't want to just stand here twiddling my thumbs, I try to coax Vix to speak to me again. I hear the human talking to Hunter about something but it doesn't seem like much of an issue. Vix lowers her head and sniffs my open palm, finally seeming to trust me again.

Then there's a flash of light and I snap my head around to see Hunter reaching pointlessly for his staff, which is following our previous fate of flying through the sky.