Chapter twenty five

Chapter 25
preperations for the mind potion
Y/N

"Hello," I have been woken up every evening by this bird tube for the past three days, he's clearly the only one who wants me in the house. The others, Owl lady, her dog- King i mean, and the human are completely avoiding me. Which is fair, to be honest, i know the owl lady only let me stay out of pity. That's why I'll be leaving very soon. I only needed a place to stay to recover, and make an invasion plan.

"Hooty i just got to sleep," I groan, pulling a pillow over my head. I'm sleeping on the couch, at the moment.
"But you wake up at this time every night, hoot hoot," his face invades my vision, ciphering out the background.
"Yeah," I shove his face away with my hand, "BECAUSE THAT'S THE TIME YOU ALWAYS WAKE ME UP."

I'm not that upset since technically, I do have to be up at this time anways. After this fiasco, I go into the kitchen to steal some of the owl lady's apple blood, before leaving the house. I've found if I sleep during the day and wake during the night I can avoid the inhabitants of the owl house. Is this a good idea, not talking to them after they gave me asylum? Probably not. But as I've stated they don't want to talk to me either.

I'm not a fan of the taste of apple blood, that's my first thought as i drain the decanter, but it's the only thing Eda seems to have. It might be alcoholic, I'm not sure. My second thought is of the door, Eda seems to have left open all night. Well; it's connected to a worm demon who needs house security?

I exit through it, making sure i have my concealment stone on. I've been told if i want to leave the house I have to have one of these at all times.  I'm glad the owl lady had one of these lying around, I wouldn't want a repeat of what happened last time I went into bonesborough.

"TAKE ME WITH YOU." I forgot the bird tube was there, I hold the door open for a moment, facing Hooty. It looks like we're in the middle of a staring match, I hope my glare is winning.

"I can't, you're part of the house," I state, simply. Glad of an excuse not to bring him really. I'm going to the night market later, for a meeting with the c.a.t.s, apparently they finally got a 'mind invasion' spell working. Raine sent word over the phone a while ago, I'm not sure how they knew i was here but im greatful someone's looking out for me. Raine also said I missed their last mission and Darius got annoyed so they're  adamant i go.

I would have gone anyways, i need to find out a way to save Hunter from this mess.

I go to close the door, "not so fast, hoot hoot."
I roll my eye, directly in his line of vision.

The demon forces his way out of the door, like a peice of thread pulled so taunt it snaps. He leaves behind a residue of a beating heart and ribcage bones sticking out of the door like massive needles reaching towards the sky.
I find myself retching.

"Port-a-hooty, ready to go, hoot hoot."
I think im going to throw up.

I put the hooty-backpack on and make my way into bonesborough, too traumatized to say anything about it. He keeps talking. I think there's such thing as over staying your welcome. Then again, I'm not very good at talking myself so I let him talk for the both of us.

"What are we doing out here anyways, hoot?" He breaks out of a ramble to ask the question, and pauses, expecting an answer.

I stop in my tracks, scanning the surroundings, before responding. "I'm going to the night market, you're going to go back home," I say, fed up with this.