Chapter twenty one

Chapter 21
Any sport in a Storm pt.2

Y/N

I cant fly that well. I knew this before Hunter joined the flyer derby team but it still stings to see him up there, without me. I shouldn't be jealous, this is just a recruitment, these kids are going to hate us at the end of it anyways. To be honest, I thought maybe after I joined the C.A.T.S Darius might have been a little kinder but I was wrong. Guess he still hates me for the hair thing, but what was up with the idea of the recruitment? Darius doesn't want more recruits, we don't need more. I don't want more people to have the same fate as me.

I watch the skies as Professor Hermonculus' abomination acts as the referee and blows the whistle. Professor Hermonculus shoots some abomination goo at Willow, but Viney blocks it with a shield. All players proceed to rush at each other. Hunter teleports himself close to the kid player on the enemy team and snatches off her flag, then passes it on to Gus. Gus flies towards the pole and hangs the flag there, scoring one point.

"Gus, that was amazing!" Hunter distantly calls, I let out a smile, perhaps if Hunter learns to trust these people, he'll see why the Emperor's coven isn't helping.

I look back to the figures flying through the skies. One of the abomination team members shoots some abomination goo at Gus, but he manages to evade it. The goo explodes and hits Skara instead, causing her to crash into a wall. The abomination referee blows the whistle. The enemy team hangs a flag on their pole, scoring. Skara joins me in watching the game, commenting on How unfair that was!

The game continues. Viney rushes towards someone who must be her friend and he rushes towards her. Both crash into each other and fall off their staffs. They stand next to Skara and I, the boy introduces himself as Jerbo, then Viney promptly elbows him before i can say my name. Willow and Gus rush towards the enemy team. Two abomination team members try to hit them with abomination goo but all missed.

"She's right there! Can't you see?" The abomination professor hisses, I roll my eyes, frankly I've given up on this.

Hunter teleports himself next to the professor with a "Boo" I don't know why but this makes my face flush and I hide my face in my hands in utter embarrassment.

Hunter grabs the professor's flag and flies off. Meanwhile, Willow summons some vines and aims it at the enemy team players. The abomination student gasps and covers her face. Willow successfully grabs two flags from the enemy players, but an abomination goo suddenly hits her staff from below, causing her to fall off. Hunter looks at this with a shocked expression. Scene cuts to Professor Hermonculus on the ground using a spell circle.

"Oops. My hand slipped." All of us spectating turn around, glaring at him.

I create a spell circle in the air, which makes his glasses dissapear.
"oOpS mY hAnD slIpPeD"

Willow manages to pass over the flags to Hunter as she falls to the ground. She summons a flower which successfully cushions her fall. Hunter looks down at Willow while remaining still. Gus gives him a hard push from behind

'Go, go, go!"

One of the remaining abomination student accidentally crashes into Gus, knocking him off his staff. Hunter flies to the team pole and hangs all three enemy flags on it, securing the victory.

Willow grabs my arm and tugs me over to their group, "that was amazing!" I yell.
Willow laughs, "my first ever flyer derby team; and we won!"

Hunter lands, and Viney proceeds to pour a bucket of something red over his head. We all start cheering, and Hunter, perhaps elated by the current win, pulls me into a hug. I'm surprised but I let him.