II

Hey my loves, I hope tum bilkul khush, sahi aur ache ho, dhyan rakho apna (⁠☞゚⁠∀゚⁠)⁠☞
___________________________

Ishan POV-

I was speechless. This Mayank was strange, but I couldn't care less. I asked him to just put clothes on, and we both dragged each other to Virat Sir's room.
On the way, I spotted a tall figure, he seemed new, but I recognised his face.
"Shubhman Gill!!?"

"Oh hey! I-shan and Mayank" he said.
I instantly felt nice around him, he's here so he must be selected for the National Team. I must go and check with Virat Sir for myself.

"Nice to meet you Shubhman, congratulations for your selection in the national team, please excuse us." Mayank said as he shook hands with Shubhman.

We got out of there and my heart was racing. It was probably because I was about to get scolded. Right?

Shubhman's POV

That boy, Ishan, I know he has gotten selected in the national team, that's why Rohit bhai was so frantic on calling him, but that fool, didn't even pick up after so many missed calls.

But I didn't want to spoil it for him so I didn't say.

But that boy really is such a pagal, how could he forget, but anyways, none of my business.

I thought about giving this news to my family in person, they would be so proud of me.

I just went to my room and crashed on the bed after a long dayy.

Ishan POV-

We reached Virat Sir's room.
I knocked and the door opened, oh shit! Rohit Sir!?
I'm done for.

"Hey Rohit Bhai, pleaseeee mafff kardo, age se nahi hoga, I was veryy tired after practice and phone Mera silent pe tha, I'm so sorry, sorry sorry!", I looked at him with my doe eyes, they work 😉

He let me in and me and Mayank were sat down, Virat Bhai was also there.

Rohit bhai said
"Look it's okay Ishan, I just wanted you to meet everyone, since you are selected, in the national team, Ishan Kishan, you are our Indian National Men's Cricket team's Wicket Keeper!" He smiled and handed me an envelope.

Mayank cheered from behind and gave me pats on my back.

"I'm so proud of you sweetie", said Mayank.
Feeling that envelope in my hands, I felt sooo happy, but I couldn't help but ask Rohit sir, "Bhai what about Mayank?"

"I'm sorry Mayank but the jury didn't select you this time, but you're so young, mehnat krte reh, I'm sure you'll also make it there soon!"

Mayank smiled. He didn't seem a bit sad. I am lucky to have a friend like him.

"Oh, and Ishan, your roommate for now is going to be Shubhman Gill, he's from Gujrat Titans, I'm sure you know about him, he's awesome!", said Rohit sir.

"Ohh"