XXII

If the world ever hurts you, come to me. In my embrace and I will protect you Ishu.

"The world hurts Shubman."

Shubman hugged Ishan, his Ishu. Shubman knew for some reason, he had a hunch, this wasn't going to work out.

There was a comfortable silence in the room, Ishan in Shubman's embrace, protected.

Shubman knew his 'friend' was exhausted, he slowly walked them to the bed while still hugging and then they laid in the bed, two souls, in love, not one knows.
Ishan's touch ignited protective instincts in Shubman. He promised himself this would not repeat again. Never. He pat Ishan's head in a subtle rhythm, putting him to sleep.

They slept.

Or did they?

Probably only Shubman.

Mayank's dead. Fuck. Shubman. Red. Accident. Panic. Dread.

"No...!" Ishan whispered, panic on his face as he woke up.

He didn't wanna wake Shubman up. So he, shifted, a bit and struggled to sit upright.

Just as he sat upright, a firm hand held his waist and pushed him back to the bed.

"What do you think you're doing" Shubman said in his sleepy husky voice.

"I can't Shubi" Ishan sounded afraid.

Shubman was now woken up. Completely.
"Ishu. Nightmare?"

"Mhm"

"Deep breaths Ishu."

"In"
Breath.
"Out"

Shubman helped settle Ishan back to sleep. Ishan's head laid on his arm.
Ishan had gone to sleep and Shubman was looking at him wondering how could a person as precios as him suffer so much.
He's feeling his stomach churn at the though of losing his soulmate, his Ishu.
He doesn't know why, but the thought of Ishan crying for so long, so much, that his eyes are bloodshot red, that his breathing was unstable, and his mind was a mess angered Shubman.
Everytime that he thought about it.

He looked and observed the peace settled on Ishan's face now that he was in a slumber, and Shubman slept knowing Ishan was in his arms as well.

The next day had many things to unfold.
Ishan had to visit Mayank and also ask him about the guy yesterday.

Ishan got up, his sleep was short lived to say the least, his eyes were swelled up and red, but he showered and got ready.
Shubman also followed after him.
They went to Mayank's room.
Ishan had told Shubman in the morning about that guy on the call.

In Mayank's room, Ishan went and he was greeted by an unfamiliar guy who opened the door.

"Hey.. you're..Ishan right?"

"Yes, may I come in?"

"Sure go ahead"

Shubman followed behind Ishan and couldn't help but give a suspicious look to that guy.

"Hey Sweetie, meet Aarav, he's an old friend, yesterday, he saved me, kind of, he found me on the road and recognized me. He took me to the hospital. Can't be more grateful."

"Was it you?" Asked Ishan with a dead face, trying to smile but he couldn't.

"Hm?"

"On the phone. Yesterday."

"Oh yes, im sorry, it was just that I didn't know about you, and Mayank had asked me not to tell anyone because they would get too worried."

"Oh. Okay"

Mayank and Shubman were just some silent spectators.
Aarav was a cute little boy, thought Ishan.
Could he?
No. no.
Not at all.

--------------------------------------------------------Updatee :))

Updatee :))

Let's discuss colours. What are your favourites?

Adios
🌹