XXVII

Recap-

Ishan has just visited Mayank who is injured, where Aarav, his past lover was sleeping, Ishan was accompanied by Shubman but then Shubman went outside because Mayank apparently, wanted to talk to Ishan.
Mayank told him about Aarav and he also voiced out how Shubman is doing his duties and too close to Ishan.
Ishan came outside to call Shubman in, but now they are standing in the middle of the corridor, with Shubman looking into Ishan's gleaming eyes.

Shubman ever so gently, lifted Ishan's chin with his right arm, since he had Ishan's wrist in his left, and looked into Ishan's red eyes.

"Ishu"

Silence
But I sensed the weakness in his eyes.

"I need you to know that you do not owe an explanation to me, not now, not ever."
"But Ishan, you are precious to me in a way words can't describe. I can visibly see the hurt and exhaustion in your eyes. I won't ask you now, but tell me when you are ready."

"Hmmm"

Shubman moved his hand from Ishan's chin to his hand and led him inside the room.

Mayank eyed their hands, connected and bound to each other.

Silence engulfed the room.

They stayed there for a while, talking casually, about the team, about cricket.

But something, something was struck in Shubman's head as he kept glancing in the sad eyes of Ishan, who for some reason, avoided Shubman's gaze.

The sun set, and Shubman and Ishan were back to their rooms.

SHUBHMAN POV-

As we entered the room, Ishan immediately crept into the blanket, covering his face.

As much as I wanted to wake him to ask his worries and the reason behind his sad lingering gaze, I also wanted that baby yo get a good rest.

Ishu had been through so much exhaustion already.

MAYANK POV-

"Aaya vo fir nazar aise,
Baat chidne lagi firse...
Aankhon mein chubhta,
Kal ka dhuan..."

I hummed as I looked at Aarav's face, tucked into his knees on the sofa.

I know the lingering feelings, they might be there, but now, I have Ishan, and he's my entire world now.

I can't lose Ishan. I can't lose someone I love again.

"Care to not stare?"

"Oh. You woke up. Finally."

"Of course I did, I deserved rest after taking care of such a pricky person", said Aarav, sass laced in his voice and annoyed eyes.

Gosh, I was just distancing myself. Was I pricky?

Lol. Hell nah.

_______________________________________

Hey guys, my exams are finally over (T_T)
But I am also preparing for an exam which is more important to me than my life, which is in 3 months.
Can't disclose it, but yeah.
Ill try to update now.

The updates would be short so I apologies in advance hehe.

Take care loves.
Im so proud of you.
🫶