"Ishan..?" , said a husky voice almost trembling, coming from afar.
I knew Mayank was here as well now.

I didn't want to see him.

So I, I grabbed Shubhman's hand and ran out of the ground, ignoring him.

He had hurt me. Well, if not him, he has hurt me by his actions. Am I not worthy of knowing that Mayank has a girl!?
Uh, it pisses me off, why would he not tell me, I'm his best friend!!!

All these thoughts were racing in my head, almost forming fumes of anger and my face was red and sweaty due to so much of the chase.
Shubhman ran after me.
Oh! Shubhman!

I immediately let go of his hand and come to a halt in the corridor. I turn around to see a confused Shubhman looking at his hand as if he was questioning something.

Mayank wasn't following us, I knew he couldn't.

"What?" I asked Shubhman.

"Nothing, you're hands are small lol" he said.

Wow. So funny. Spectacular.
Amazing commentary at an amazing timing.

Also, my hands aren't even small! His are too fucking big for his own good!!

Bitch.

Shubhman POV-

I could see him visibly roll his eyes. I just wanted to give him some relief. Anything that could make him forget his worries for a moment.

Something is bothering him. And I guess, it is with Mayank, because of the whole ground scene.

"Ishan, come.", I say, taking his hand carefully and leading him to our room so I could help him if he needs it.
Wow, I'm such a good human being~~

He just complied, his face tells that he is too tired to argue.
We reached the room, and I sat him down on the bed.

"Ishan", i said as i kneeled down so I could face him and look him in the eyes, "I know we're not close. It's only been one day since we have been roommates. But, as a friend, I can clearly see something is bothering you. If you would like to share, I'm here to listen."

Ishan POV-

"I'm here to listen.", he asked, almost whispering, pleading as if.

"Okay, but Im trusting you. You better not backstab me." I asked, trying to sound threatening but it came out weak.

"Yes Ishan, please let your worries out."

Wow, guess that's why people call him a Prince. He's such a GENTLEman.

"Um...so today, before Practice, in our changing room, okay, so it's about, Mayank. So there, I heard him on his phone saying things like I miss you too baby, I know it's hard for you to not meet me, but trust me, im feeling just as sad"

"Ohkayy, then..?"

"THEN WHAT!? HE HAS A GIRLFRIEND!! and he didn't ever tell me about it. am I not his closest friend..?"

Shubhman POV-

"am I not his closest friend..?", he asked in shamy voice.

I felt uneasy knowing a close friend could have such an impact on someone.

"Well, then talk it out Ishan, take your time before you talk, maybe it's because usko koi majboori hogi, maybe.. There are many possibilities Ishan, so talk to him about it."

"Oh okay you're right", he said and parting his hands from mine which were in mine since I had knelt down in front of this boy.

He crept into his quilt and covered his face as wl, going to sleep peacefully...or overthink peacefully..i hope it's the former one.

Ding dong. The bell rang.

__________________________________

Hey guys, im recovering from a flu i got yesterday due to probably roaming too much on the trek lol..but forgive me for any mistakes or errors.
Also, my finals are in a week!!! It's Rory Gilmore's aesthetic timeee!!!
Hehe.
Adios.

❤️