XI

Ding dong. The bell rang.

There was silence all of a sudden. I asked Ishan if he was in a position to meet someone. He agreed and so, I opened the door.

And hey, what a sight! Mayank, almost frightened with a sweaty face was peeping into the room as if looking for something, or someone..

"Hey Shubman, can I meet Ishan?"

"Um..wait a minute, let me ask"

"Let him in..." I heard Ishan say from the back softly.

I left some space for Mayank to come in.

He wrnt towards Ishan and kneeled down in front of him.
Just like me some moments before.

"What has happened sweetie? Can I please atleast know? Don't I have the right to atleast know that?"

"Mayank, you know, I trust you."

"I know Ishan and as far as I know, fuck even the moon knows, I haven't done a thing to break our trust Ishan.."

"Mayank, think before you speak!"

His voice was becoming louder.

"You didn't even tell me that you are in a relationship! You should have atleast informed me.. You know we don't keep secrets right.."

Mayank looked dumbfounded. It was as if he had recieved an electric shock.

"Ishan...which girlfriend? How did you assume this..?"

"Stop acting now Mayankkk! This is driving me nutsss ...argh!!!"
He said, running his fists and groping his hair pulling them out.

He was angry. The baby was angry. We are doomed...

Mayank suddenly became silent..as if meditating.

Mayank POV-

What? What made him think that? What is he trying to say?!?

Ishan, if only you knew...

If only you knew, no girl ever could make my heart beat like you do

No girl ever could make my world stop like you do

You are the sunshine to my days, i can't comprehend a life without you

I see the universe knitted into your bones Ishan

And the embers of galaxies glow to life in your eyes

I finally know now what love is supposed to feel like Ishan. Thanks to your presence in my life

"Mayank!!!!!" He shook me awake.
Shook me awake from the slumber I was in , in his angry eyes.

"Ishan.. I for real, have bo girlfriend, you have gotten a completely wrong idea. Infact, sweetie, if I ever fall in love, you know, you would be the only one you know.." I said in a cheesy tone trying to cover the feelings hiding behind.

Shubman POV-

It's not a doubt anymore for me. I really don't think friends, can ever look into the others eyes like that. Mayank loves him. He loves Ishan.

"Then who were you talking to, today morning in the changing room? Being all baby baby??" Ishan asked.

"Oh! Damn it! It's my NIECE for heaven's sake Ishan!!! I know you are a baby but can't you acknowledge the presence of other real babies in this world!"

It was Ishan's turn to go silent.

Beautiful.

"Oh okay.."

Pause.

"I'm sorry.."

Pause.

"Now kiss already!"

____________________________________

Hey guys, I have actually gotten swelling in my left eye..it's gotten worse...hope the update was good enough.
Sorry for any mistKes.

Love you all
Adios.

Listen to it for once, it's beautiful..

❤️