XV

"Sweetie", said Mayank.

He was here as well.

Wow.

What an unpleasant surprise!

Ishan looked like he was dug 6 feet into the ground.

I took his hand and asked Mayank ," Hey, what are you doing here at this time?"

"Oh you sent the prank video in the group chat right, I figured that you both were here..."

"Oh okay.." I said, Ishan was still silent, his hands had gone cold, freezing cold.
He was anxious.

"Actually, I need to talk to you Ishan."

Mayank looked at me as if I was the one who didn't belong there.
Funny. Who does the idiot think he is?

"Shubman, I'll be fine, you can leave", said Ishan.

What if you'll not be?

I just stepped away slowly and went outside the terrace, but I couldn't leave, I know it's wrong to eavesdrop so I stood at a distance but I didn't leave.

I stood outside the door. I sat there. Waiting. To know.

Meanwhile, with Ishan and Mayank,
Mayank stepped towards Ishan and took his hands in his.

"Sweetie, don't be anxious, I heard that you like me... I'm sorry, I know it's wrong to eavesdrop but I couldn't bring myself to leave or interrupt.."
"Actually, Ishan, I love you. I know it's random and out of nowhere, but I have fallen for you. I've fallen for your eyes, for your sweet little antics."

Ishan stood there. Like a statue. His eyes started getting teary.

"Will you be my boyfriend Ishan? The live of my life?"

No reply.

"Ishan..? Sweetie..?"
Mayank shook Ishan up.

"Yes Mayank, I will.." tears stained his puffy cheeks, and he was engulfed in a hug by Mayank.

They stayed there for a while, Mayank telling Ishan how he had loved Ishan from the beginning, and Ishan laughing and teasing Mayank.

Meanwhile, Shubman, laying outside, near the door was just hoping for Ishan to be happy, no matter how anything goes.
The floor was cold, he must admit.

He heard footsteps coming towards him, and so, he left.

In his toom, he knew Ishan would enter in a minute.

But, he didn't.

Half an hour passed by, it was 11 pm now, and then, he heard Ishan coming into the room.

Ishan had Mayank's muffler around his neck. His face was a shade of pink and he had a satisfied expression on his face.

"Oh..my baby is here... how did it go Ishan?"

"Shubman!!" He jumped onto him, like a koala, and then faced him in the eyes with newfound excitement.

"Yes Ishu?" Shubhman tried (tried) to get just as excited seeing Ishan's face...

"Mayank proposed to me!!!"

_____________________________________
Lord it's been a long timee..my exams are postponed to 8th because of a student stike, sooo ill be active for a few more daysss..

Also guys, did ya know, due to all of your lovely wishes, ive recovered completely 😊❤️❤️