XXVI

"Must be tired", said Ishan sheepishly pointing his eyes at the cute figure sitting all wrapped up in the cold corner of the couch.

"Hmm..", replied Mayank.

"I'll be here now Mayank, to be there for you", Ishan went and held Mayank's hand by his side.

Shubman, standing there did feel a pinch in his heart, but he was determined to be there for his 'friend'.

Mayank's eyes had something, probably he cried, but why would he?

Maybe the injuries hurt too much.
Maybe the injuries were not just on the outside.
Maybe the injuries hidden had unraveled again.

"Can I talk to you alone Ishan?", asked Mayank and Shubman recieved the signal.

Shubman's hands balled into fists, with anxiousness, but he left as he saw Ishan's pleading eyes.
He left with cold breeze hitting his face, almost punching the warmth out of him.

"Ishan, I need to confess something to you."

"Yes Mayank, go ahead."

Since Aarav was deep in sleep, Mayank gave him a second look but then with a sigh, he told Ishan.

About their past.
About Aarav.

Ishan had silent tears beaming in his eyes, he felt like he did not belong there. In between them.

But I am not insecure. Am I? So what if my boyfriend had a partener? A history? He's being honest and telling everything to me. But why do I feel like I don't belong? I don't belong in between them. Do I? No right?

Mayank caressed Ishan's face, his undereyes and pulled Ishan's face into his chest, where Ishan shed some tears.

Nobody spoke, it was just silence with Ishan grasping and holding the situation together.

"I am sorry Ishan, but I needed to tell you this."

"I love you Ishan."

"Hmmm"

Words, words is what he lacked.

Within five more minutes, Ishan composed himself and went outside to call Shubman in, if he was still there, which he was pretty sure he was.

As Ishan went out of Mayank's room into the corridor, there was Shubman standing with his back supported on the cold wall and his eyes facing the ground, it looked like he was in deep contemplation.

"Shubi, come, inside."

Ishan turned around when Shubman pulled him by his wrist and pulled Ishan into him.

Well, Ishan bumped into Shubman and looked up to see Shubman already looking at him.

Ishan trippingly took a step back and now it was his turn to look down.

Ishan felt guilty, he felt comfortable in Shubman's gaze but he felt guilty because he had faced Mayank just a minute ago.

Well did Ishan tell you readers, that Mayank also joked with Ishan at the end saying how Shubman is doing his duties by feeding Ishan. He must have known from Yuzi bhai's post.

Afterall anyone in a relationship wouldn't like their partner to be too close to their bestfriends, especially when their gazes expell love and are obviously covered with romance.

Well, Mayank laughed it off, but Ishan did sense the hurt laced beging his voice.

So now, he stepped away from Shubman, feeling guilty due to the fiasco a minute before.

Shubman ever so gently, lifted Ishan's chin with his right arm, since he had Ishan's wrist in his left, and looked into Ishan's red eyes.

______________________________________

Finally guyzzz, finaliiiii, i got a break, now my next exam is on 8th, but finalllyyyyyy, I got a breakkk!!!!

Exams have been stressing me out, but your patience and live always stands behind me.

Love, love, love.

❤️