XXI

"Ishan.......?", came a voice which made Ishan furious. Red. With anger.

Ishan and Shubman, both with red in their eyes, looked up to see a figure, or Mayank standing in front of them.

Shubman, in a second, was on Mayank, but just as he extended his arm to beat him, he noticed something.

And Ishan also came to them by then.

Mayank was draped in white. Well, almost. His body was white, in hospital dressing.

Oh.

"Ishan please give me a chance to explain myself."
"Please I beg you."

"Hmm"
I shouldn't be angry. I should feel sympathy. I should leave my ego and worry for Mayank. Why can't I do so?

"I went to buy some flowers in the market Ishu. But when I was coming, a car crashed into my bike and I was ridden off the road. I don't know what happened after that but I woke up in the hospital. I haven't gotten any major injury, it's just a bone injury and I came here to see you as soon as I could. I'm so sorry baby, my phone got destroyed in the accident.
Please forgive me"
"Please." Mayank was holding onto Ishan's shoulders by now.

Ishan was numb. Dumbfounded.
Im so dumb.
"Mayank, I dont think I deserve you.."

"Please sweetie , please don't you feel like-"

"Let's get you to your room first Mayank. You two have a conversation there in peace", said Shubman.

Shubman still couldn't have it in him to sympathise with Mayank. Not even a bit. He stull resented Mayank. Even though his mind clearly knew, Mayank was not a bit wrong here. Nobody was. But the way Ishan cried, he couldn't forgive his own self ever if it was him.

Ishan felt guilty. He had to be the one comforting Mayank right now, but he couldn't. Why? Why did he have to be like this?
Why did Mayank come? In this state? It would have been better if he just cheated..
Ishan helped Mayank into his room.

"Let's talk it out Ishan."
"Before everyone comes"

"Yes Mayank, I understand, and I'm sorry for not knowing or understanding your situation better." Ishan said in between little puffs and sobs.

"No baby, I AM SORRY, how could you know, seeing you in this state hurts my heart, and knowing I'm the reason behind this is just, heartbreaking Ishan."

Ishan cried. Again. But not in anger or resentment. A wave of sadness washed over him. Gosh he just wanted to care for Mayank! But why can't he? Why us he feeling so drained? Why!? Why!!????

Shubman was just standing there till now, he clarified before that he wouldn't leave, he couldn't leave Ishan in this state, and now he took Ishan in his embrace and said to Mayank," Mayank, he needs time. He's exhausted. Please take care, the medic is coming here in fifteen minutes and I've just informed everyone in the group, so they'll be coming soon."

Knocks on the door.

"They're here."

Mayank let out a sigh and opened the door and Virat barged in, with Hardik, Rohit, Tilak, Shreyas by his side.

The other member will be coming.

They went in the room and Shubman let Ishan and him out of the room.

Nobody questioned them. They clearly understood the environment.

Shubman let Ishan to their room.

"The world hurts Shubman."

______________________________________

Hey guys, this was the last update for now, I'll try and be there tomorrow, but a lot of my work is pending and my exams aren't helping.
Take care for now loves.
Sorry if I can't reply to your messages and replies.

Adios babys.
❤️‍🩹