The Secret Smart Watch Unraveled

Shivya entered Josh's room with a bright smile, her eyes gleaming with excitement. Grinning, she said, "Wanna get addicted to something Indian?"

Josh, lips pursed, smiled back with a playful spark in his eyes, responding, "I guess I am already addicted."

Shivya, narrowing her eyes in curiosity, picked up on his attempt to cover up his feelings. He stammered and struggled with words, adding, "I mean Paneer Biryani."

Shivya giggled, nodding knowingly, and declared, "Then it's time for a new addiction. You will give up wine for this. I bet."

Josh chuckled, a hint of defiance in his tone, "That will not happen even in a dream."

Shivya gave a sarcastic laugh and revealed a parcel in her hand, releasing the enticing aroma of fresh coffee grounds into his room. Intrigued, Josh inhaled deeply and was instantly drawn towards it. He walked over to the kitchen counter, peering over her shoulder as she opened the parcel. From her bag, she took out the Indian filter and began making fresh coffee decoction.

Within a few minutes, she handed over a mug of hot coffee to him. Without a second thought, he took it in his hands and took a sip, closing his eyes in amazement. When she asked eagerly, "How is it?" He didn't bother to reply and continued drinking until he emptied the cup.

Peeking into the pot she had used to make coffee, he asked, "Do you have more?" Shivya giggled, responding, "No, but I can make some more." She prepared another cup for him, and as he took another sip, he declared, "This is the third favorite thing I found from India..."

Shivya, curious, questioned, "Paneer Biryani and filter coffee are two, what is the third?" Josh just smiled and looked away and said ""Sei o ignorante o innocente nel non sapere quanto mi piaci.. E questo mi fa davvero impazzire " [Either you are innocent or ignorant not to know how much I like you. And that really drives me crazy.]

Shivya, enjoying her coffee after a long time, didn't care for more information and continued savoring her second cup as she was having coffee after months.

*****

One fine day, Josh and Shivya were working on an assignment in Josh's room. Shivya felt a bit uncomfortable and got up from the bed to get some water. There was a red stain in the place where she had been sitting. Josh glanced at Shivya and noticed a red stain on her beige pants. Josh immediately tried to cover the bed sheets so that she wouldn't see the stain and feel abashed. Shivya observed that Josh was hiding something quickly and felt a sense of unease. She walked towards the bed to see what he was concealing and attempted to remove the comforter.

Josh expressed concern, his emotions held back as he pleaded, "No, Shivi, leave it."

Inquisitive and insistent, Shivi questioned Josh, "Josh, what is it that you're hiding? Let me see."

Josh urgently pleaded with her, "Please, listen to me."

Determined, Shivi pushed him aside and removed the comforter. As her eyes widened, a mixture of shock and embarrassment played across her face, the weight of realization hitting her—she had not only bled in front of a guy but also stained his sheets.

In a frustrated and distressed tone, Shivi exclaimed, "Damn!! I've ruined the sheets and comforter, and there's blood..." She pursed her lips, revealing a visible blend of frustration and self-reproach evident in her body language. Her posture subtly shifted, reflecting her internal struggle with the situation.

Shivi: I am bleeding. It's not even the date. My period is supposed to come in one week. Fuck, Josh has seen the sheets, and probably he would have seen my pants too. What should I do? Damn, damn, damn, I don't have a tampon or pad too.