Stolen Moments Were Just An Excuse

(For people who are new to reading, the text in italics is the chrecter's mind voice.)

Shivi strolled slowly and stood behind them.

Shivi apologized, "I am sorry. I just used you..."

Josh interrupted firmly, "Shut up, Shivi. I'm not even bothered about that. I would die for a kiss like that. It was a dream come true for me, but what you're doing will only leave you with nightmares."

Shivi suggested, "You should probably stay away from me. I am like a black hole, swallowing you, ruining you, killing you."

Josh agreed, "Yes, kill me. That is the only way I can stay away from you."

Shivi questioned, "Why me?"

Josh expressed, "I wish I knew. I am a guy who thinks through everything I do; you are the only exception." He cupped her face, gazing into her mesmerizing eyes, filled with tears, and wiped her tears with his thumb. "Love, every drop of tear from your eyes is a dagger to my heart."

She smiled, understanding the impact of her tears on him. Shivi admitted, "You know, with the warmth you are giving me right now, I would kiss you even if I were not living in stolen moments."

Rivers of blood surged within Josh's gut, an unsettling tide that threatened to overwhelm him. This girl was definitely taking him through a roller coaster ride.

Shivi pondered, "Can I? Should I? Maybe he will think I am using him again."

Josh replied, "Maybe I am the one who needs a cardiologist when I am around you."

She giggled; anticipation evident in her eyes as she awaited his response. He couldn't ignore the pleading gaze of her puppy eyes, and the temptation to kiss her grew stronger. Those eyes, the silent architects of every emotional turmoil.

Josh confessed, "I hate myself for talking you out of those stolen moments. I want to say things I shouldn't say."

She chuckled and hugged him slowly, saying, "I want to live this moment, irrespective of it being stolen or not. Stolen moments were just an excuse to be near you. I always..."

He didn't let her finish

He didn't let her finish. There was no need for words anymore. He seized her lips, a deliberate and passionate invasion. Cupping her face with both hands, he guided her with a gentle tilt of her head, his hands journeying from her face to her neck, urging her closer. One of his hands found its way to her waist, a possessive gesture that drew her entirely into his embrace, eliminating any lingering air between them. In that closeness, she sensed the heat of his body enveloping her, the warmth extending through her entire length like an electric current connecting them in an intimate dance.

She could smell his perfume intimately. Meanwhile, he tasted the strawberry-flavored lipstick on her lips, his desires escalating as he gently nibbled one lip after the other. Both closed their eyes, lost in the fantasy of an almost impossible future.