The Date

(For people who are new to reading, the text in italics is the character's mind voice. And do you know you can select a particular text and leave a comment about that. You can mention if you like it. Try it)

Now, it was going beyond her control. She tried to stand under the shower to rid herself of all her thoughts. She wished for all her thoughts to be washed away by the water running over her body. Once she was done, she put on a bathrobe and walked out of the bathroom. She questioned herself, "Should I go in front of him in a bathrobe? Will it give him the wrong impression? "

She walked out in confusion, only to find he wasn't there in the room. Her phone beeped, and she turned towards the sound to locate it on the bed. Approaching the bed, she discovered a sizable silver box, akin to the one Ruth had shown her. Gently opening it, she almost anticipated what would be inside.

An exquisite black dress greeted her. She held the dress in her hands to examine it—a long, sleeveless gown adorned with black pearl work on the upper part and numerous layers in the lower section. The back of the dress boasted delicate lace. Beside the dress box, a smaller box housed a stunning pair of black earrings, and a black heel rested below the bed near her dress.

In awe, she regarded the dress as the most beautiful she had ever seen. While tempted to argue about the expense, considering they were just college students, she speculated whether he might have used his entire month's part-time earnings on these gifts. Despite the inclination to scold him, she recalled it was his birthday and chose not to discuss it, fearing it might spoil his mood. After the rollercoaster of emotions, they had experienced throughout the day, she didn't want to add another layer.

Unlocking her phone, she read the message from Josh, which stated, "Probably you can scold me for getting you an expensive dress after dinner

Unlocking her phone, she read the message from Josh, which stated, "Probably you can scold me for getting you an expensive dress after dinner. I will meet you in half an hour at the cliff overlooking the reservoir. Didn't want to make you feel uncomfortable while you were getting dressed. Ping me if you need anything. Always at your service❤️."

Shivi expressed with awe, "Oh my god, he is spoiling me. I'm not bothered about the dress, but the way he is giving me space when I need it, closing the space between us when I don't, is making me go crazy. How can someone be so understanding? Oh god, why is he so good? He puts up with all my tantrums, fears, insecurities. Why is he doing all this? Maybe if I were in his place, I wouldn't be doing the same. He is perfect. Shit, now it's just 25 minutes left. He has put in so much effort to get all these, so let me get dolled up; the least I can do."

She played the song "Donu Donu" on her phone to set herself in a vibed mood. She put on the dress, finding it difficult to button it behind. She tried a couple of times and exclaimed, "I am screwed."

There was a knock on the door. She thanked her stars that Josh was finally here to help her, but she also wondered if she was going to show her naked back without even a bra to him. Confused, she understood she didn't have any other option. If she had to wear the dress, she would have to get his help. That's when she realized she could call any female staff to help her out.