Mithra Is My first.....

(For people who are new to reading, the text in italics is the character's mind voice. And do you know you can select a particular text and leave a comment about that. You can mention if you like it. Try it)

She decided to change the mood and speak about something else.

Shivi inquired, her eyes widening with curiosity, "So tell me more about you. I know you are Italian, living in America, and your father runs some forensic financial detective business, so you have more contacts. You have a mom, sister. That's all I know about. Fuck, I actually know very little about you."

Josh just smiled, as he took a sip of his newly arrived cocktail.

Josh lied bluntly, his expression nonchalant, "We are a regular middle-class family from America, own a 4-bedroom house. My mom is the sweetest woman I know on earth. She is really cool. My dad is also cool, encourages me a lot into trying a lot of things before I join the family business, but he is strict in certain things. My sister is very little. She is just 8 years old. So, she is less of a sister and more of a baby to me. I really miss her. I have a brother too, Daniel. I am the eldest. We are like regular siblings, who hit each other and fight. All three of us are like a pack. You already know my cousins and there is one more cousin of mine who is super close to me. His name is Justin. He lives in the US too. He is the eldest of all. But he and his family live in New York. So, all of us, Julliane Matt, Harvey, and Ruth, are really a gang. We all are partners in crime, and we cover each other's track. But me and Daniel pull each other's leg so badly."

Shivi remarked, her eyes narrowing playfully, "So you are a gang leader."

Josh chuckled, his demeanor laid-back, "Kind of. We always have each other's back."

Shivi teased, her tone sarcastic, "So maybe that's what detectives do, not sell their partners at any cost."

Josh responded in a sarcastic tone, his eyebrows raised, "Yeah, but they do sell roommates. So that is how I know about your dream. I am sorry. On behalf of Ruth too."

She pursed her lips and stared at him, her eyes flashing a hint of irritation, as if she were about to kill him.

In an agitated tone, Shivi questioned, "I guessed it, and you bought the red dress too, right?"

Josh put his hands up in surrender and admitted with a smile as he bowed down, "Guilty..."

Shivi pleaded, her expression earnest, "Please don't do it anymore

Shivi pleaded, her expression earnest, "Please don't do it anymore. I don't want anything from your family's money. I feel bad. Today I accepted this, but please don't do it again."

Josh reassured, his tone sincere, "I bought the dress using my money. I have been investing in stocks since I was 18. I am funding my education with that. I have enough money to get you at least 100 dresses like that from the money I made from stock markets."

Shivi was surprised by what he said and asked out of curiosity, her eyes wide, "When you are doing so well with stocks, why did you work in Starbucks with me?"