100000 Euro Groom

Over the next two days, he dedicated his time to refining sentences, adjusting them meticulously to perfection. On the third day, he penned down the final draft on paper, eagerly anticipating Shivi's arrival in class. He had never done something so significant for anyone else, but she was special to him, and he didn't want to mess this up. However, surprisingly, she didn't show up. He waited through the second session, but there was still no sign of her. Concerned, he gathered his bags and headed to the dorm room to check if she was there.

Entering the room, which was partially closed, he found her almost curled into a small ball. Despite her awareness of his presence, she made no movement, lying there with swollen, red eyes, indicating prolonged crying.

He closed the door and sat near her on the bed by her legs, leaning against the wall behind the bed. Shivi got up, rested her head on his lap, and closed her eyes. Neither did she say anything, nor did he ask anything. He was just there for her. He dint want to ask her more questions and hurt the hurting heart more. He knew something was seriously wrong, but he also realized he might be the first person she would open up to in the UK. Patiently sitting there, he idly fiddled with his phone.

After sleeping in his lap for over an hour, Shivi woke up, took a towel from her cupboard, and left the room. Josh understood she was going to freshen up. Splashing her face with water and drying it, he noticed her neck was drenched due to her rigorous splashing.

Upon her return, finding Josh still seated, she stood in the center of the room for a minute. Josh stood up, went near her, cupped her face with his palms, and declared, "No matter what, baby, I am going to be with you." She broke down in his arms, arching forward and crying profusely.

Shivi took a deep breath and started. Amid the crying, she gathered her words slowly. "My parents are arranging a marriage for me."

Saying this, she sobbed. He picked her up, hugging her tightly. She clutched the back of his shirt. He patted her back and said, "Shhhh.... Shhhh...First calm down."

He made her sit on the bed and looked into her eyes. The eyes that were always beautiful and enchanting now looked lifeless.

Josh, in a gentle voice, said, "See, Shivi, calm down. We will sort this out."

Shivi, with a hint of skepticism, asked, "How? He is a piece of shit."

Josh assured her, "Tell me everything without leaving a word." Shivi took a deep breath and started.

Shivi put both her hands on her head and asked "What can you do? Go and talk to my parents out of it?"

Josh held her by her shoulders and said, "Try me once."

She took a deep breath and began "My parents had told him I study here. So, they called me when he was almost here. I had no idea that something like this was going to happen. He just looked at me from top to bottom and said he liked me. Then he put his mother on video call. They both started to inquire about my cooking and cleaning skills, and they were least bothered about my Oxford degree. His mother also asked me if I knew how to draw rangoli outside the house, as she wanted it outside the house every single day. I seriously don't know who draws Rangoli in the UK on a daily basis. She said she is least bothered about my degree and told me it's okay to quit my education as he was already earning 100,000 euros. And she also told me that she wanted to have a grandchild as soon as possible, as she wanted to look young as much as possible in the pictures with her grandkids. Saying this, she gave a laugh, which was the one which almost killed me. They were speaking as if they were just here looking for a free maid who cooks, cleans, sleeps with her son, and bears his kid."

Shivi was so frustrated that she spit the entire thing out in one go, catching her breath afterward. Josh patiently waited for her to complete it. More than the details she shared, it was the way it affected her, bothered him. He clenched his fist so hard that he wished to punch his entire family. The thought that someone was messing with Michel Morrone's girl, his girl, infuriated him. As the heir of the powerful Ronmar Companies, a multibillion-dollar business group with interests in automobile manufacturing and diamond and jewelry trading, Michel Josh Morrone had resources beyond imagination. His father, James Morrone, managed everything, awaiting Michel's succession. There was nothing they couldn't do. Their family wealth extended to owning land on the moon, a testament to their incredible affluence.