The Virginity

From the very next day, Josh and Shivya became inseparable. They went to classes together and then headed straight to Starbucks every evening. Their companionship extended from the crack of dawn until the sun dipped below the horizon. After seven weeks, most of their classmates reached a unanimous conclusion - Josh and Shivya were a couple.

. The two had undeniably grown fond of each other, yet Shivya. with unwavering determination for her future plans, steered clear of any romantic entanglements during her time in the UK. Their days were punctuated with shared cooking sessions and joint study marathons. The aroma of Shivya's culinary creations left Josh perpetually captivated.

The group expanded into a tight-knit circle of seven individuals - four boys and two girls. Matt, Harvey the twins, and Juliane also hailed from the US, and Siddharth represented India alongside Shivya. Ruth joined them too when she was not with her boyfriend. Matt, Harvey, and Julianne were 2nd and 3rd cousins of Josh, studying different disciplines in Havard in different years of graduation.

Expressions of joy, shared laughter, and subtle glances filled their interactions, weaving an unspoken language of camaraderie and friendship. The emotional ties deepened, echoing in the shared smiles and knowing looks exchanged between Josh and Shivya.

******

It was a lively Saturday night, and the group decided to hit the pub. They gathered around a table, animatedly chatting away. Ruth was the first to hit the dance floor with her boyfriend, while the boys made their way to the bar to grab drinks. A random stranger approached Julianne for a dance, and she enthusiastically joined in.

Meanwhile, Shivya, dressed modestly in a knee-length solid-color dress, sat alone at the table, her face reflecting a mix of curiosity and reservation. Josh, in his casual attire, was awestruck seeing her in that dress, and he couldn't help but admire her from across the table.

Josh happened to glance around and noticed Shivya sitting solo. He, quickly grabbed his drink and walked over to her.

Josh's eyebrows furrowed in concern as he approached Shivya, a slight tilt of his head indicating his genuine worry "Everything okay, Shivya?"

Shivya mustered a small smile, a bit of nervousness dancing in her eyes" Yup, just first-time blues."

Josh's expression softened, and he leaned in a bit, conveying both attentiveness and care "The first time?"

Shivya nodded, her shoulders slightly tense, revealing a touch of apprehension "First time in a club."

Josh's eyes widened slightly, registering surprise, and then he leaned back, processing the information "You're 20, right? Isn't it legal in India?"

Shivya's gaze shifted, a thoughtful expression crossing her face, accompanied by a subtle shrug "I don't know, never thought about venturing."

Josh's head tilted to the side, with a curious grin playing on his lips "Strange... So, do you want to have a drink? Or should I rephrase? Do you want to try a drink for the very first time?"

Shivya chuckled, her laughter accompanied by a gentle sway of her head, and she replied with a teasing glint in her eyes "The latter would be a perfect question, but my answer would anyway be no. Do they have any fresh juices here?"

Josh mirrored her chuckle, as he nodded understandingly "They might... Let me check for you."

Shivya said, "Orange juice, no sugar, no ice."

Josh nodded, understanding, and within a few minutes, he was back with orange juice for her. They both raised their glasses when Josh said "Cheers to you for not losing your alcohol virginity yet..."