Texas (part 1)

Three Weeks Later

Bee was in the middle of an intel analysis for a German Special Forces team. They'd uploaded a ton of files onto her cloud server for her to analyse and categorise into some semblance of order. Bee couldn't understand how a Task Force could run with such disorganisation, but was happy to have the detailed and focussed work.

Bee started her search running for the next batch of files and took a break to have lunch when her phone buzzed with a message from 'Grumpy Bastard'.

'Hey buzzy Bee, you got time for a call?'

Bee smiled to herself and fired back a response 'Sure thing Ghost man'.

Her phone rang immediately. "Hey Ghosty, how you doing? Where you hiding?" she enquired, happy to hear from the man.

"I'm good. We're at an army base in Texas getting ready to head out on a re-con. Got a favour to ask" Ghost replied.

"Anything for my favourite lieutenant. What you got cooking?" Bee replied smirking as she knew he'd be rolling his eyes.

"Laswell's got a team still checking on the Carolina shit show, but there's a couple of angles I wanna check out, strictly under the radar" Ghost explained.

"Oooh, sounds spook like. Give me the goods" she replied eager to be in the challenge.

"Laswell got info from a General Mark Foster, who'd authorised a team to join us in the raid, but somethings not sitting right with me. I've emailed you the intel we got for the raid, can you have a look though your channels, see what you can dig up related to him or his team?" Ghost suggested.

"Yeah no problem. I'll go through my usual sources and see if anything starts to smell. Where you off to?" Bee asked 

"Chasing a possible lead in Luxembourg on an official re-con. Should be a couple of days out" he commented.

"What's the captain up to? He behaving himself and watching his leg?" Bee asked concerned.

Ghost laughed "Price is fine, he's in the UK on another job. He's been singing your praises though. Said you're the Bee's Knees and wants you on team as an analyst and medic" Ghost replied chuckling.

Bee giggled at the comment."Aw sweet. Tell him I said hi, but gotta turn down the job offer. Doubt the task force could afford my costs. Besides, I like being independent too much" she replied.

"You'll break the old man's heart, Bee" Ghost replied chuckling. "I gotta go. Be back in a few days, see what you dig up then. Take care Bee" Ghost responded.

"You too Ghost. Be safe" Bee replied as they ended their call.

Over the next few days, Bee worked simultaneously on her intel contract and her investigation for Ghost. Surprisingly, the intel she was working on for the German Task Force actually yielded some intel of it's own. The general had worked with them on two separate mission, so Bee squirrelled away copies of the missions.

As soon as her contract was complete and signed off, she focussed solely on Ghost's intel. The general appeared to be well thought of and garnered respect from the various groups he had worked with. Fortunately, Bee had an expert eye for picking out patterns from intel and she soon had a good picture of the general, his movements, missions and who he regularly worked with.

Finishing up for the evening, Bee sat to eat dinner when her security system alerted her to someone on her driveway. Quickly checking her footage, she could see an unfamiliar truck driving towards her cottage, the driver cab shrouded in darkness. Bee never got visitors out here, so she quickly went to her gun safe, checked and loaded her rifle.