Georgia

Apologies in advance - the story Gods demanded it

One Day Later

Price and Ghost led the large Ops team towards their re-con point, a few hundred yards from the remote warehouse, just North of Pembroke, Georgia. Three teams had been expertly briefed and had clear instructions on their infil points, their direction of operation and their objectives, with subsequent exfil, North of the back loading bay. 

Their orders were clear and concise; confirm arrival of the shipment, infiltrate the location from three sides, eliminate any and all threats, locate and capture the main suspects, identify and secure the weapons shipment.

Ghost initially posted in the nearby woodland, on overwatch, confirmed the arrival of the shipment before quickly and successfully eliminating several security members outside the warehouse. As the last man went down he signalled to Price that they were clear to approach and breach.

One team entered directly through the main entrance of the warehouse while another team accessed the area via the side fire exit on the first floor. Price and his team circled around the giant warehouse before entering the building via the back loading bay.

All three teams immediately engaged with targets as soon as they breached the location. Price called all teams on his radio "We have heavily armed cartel mercenaries and military personnel on site. Watch your team's backs. Military are not friendlies, I repeat, military are not friendlies" he said with anger in his voice.

As Ghost swiftly made his way down to the warehouse, he could hear the rapid gunfire and explosions from grenades as he approached. It sounded chaotic and on entering, he quickly engaged in close quarters with several mercenaries, bringing them down swiftly, using his side arm and knives.

Carefully surveying his surroundings, Ghost clocked more targets following one team in a suspected ambush. Ghost took a grenade from his belt and threw it into the enemy group, knocking several of them on the floor with the explosion. Ghost and the alerted team, quickly dispatched the remaining men before they had a chance to return fire.

Pausing to check in with Price, his Captain responded immediately "We have eyes on Ricardo and Garcia, all teams engaging with cartel and military targets. Check for our shipment Ghost and eyes open for Millers, out"

"On it, sir" he responded curtly, making his way round the outer edge of the large area. Ghost located stacks of crates and quickly checked several of the boxes as he heard several explosions and continued gunfire. Whoever had organised this smuggling operation had brought in reinforcements, presenting them with far more men and fire power than they'd anticipated.

Ghost opened several crates while watching his surroundings, taking a mental inventory of the contents and confirming the weapons shipment. On opening the fourth crate, Ghost inhaled sharply and paused "Price, we got code red. Biological and chemical storage among the weaponry. We need to retreat now" he barked over his radio.

"Roger that Lieutenant. Kinda got our hands full here. Taking fire from contacts on second floor gantry. Go get em" Price ordered.

"On it" Ghost responded before moving towards the stairs, taking down a couple of contacts en-route. Once up on the gantry, Ghost could see members of one of the teams, dead on the ground floor below him.

Making his way along the length of the warehouse, he engaged and dispatched several military clad targets and cartel. From his vantage point, he spotted Price and a few men running through the loading area, meeting resistance from several cartel mercenaries, but quickly ploughing through them. Checking the gantry was clear, Ghost provided cover fire, taking some of them out before moving on.