(cover art isn't mine; it belongs to saru chikin)

Raziel

I skipped away happily after visiting Katrina today. As a guardian and warrior angel, I always have to check the humans I protect before I do anything else. Katrina was six, and was, unfortunately sick with cancer. I always visited her when she needed to talk to someone other than the caretakers at the hospital. She will be with God soon, her pure soul was never tainted and thus, she would be accepted into the Holy Kingdom. The cobblestone path of this tiny village made my sandaled feet weary. I so desperately wished to fly, but he last time an angel did that we had to wipe the place off of the map.

I sighed, turning a corner to massage my aching feet, when a cute little mewl interrupted me. "Aww," I cooed, getting down to my knees to pet the fluffy kitten. "You're a cutie!" he purred under my hand, as I stared at his name tag. Oh dear... a Luciferian cat... not good. I picked him up. "You wanna o to heaven with me, kitty? You could play with catnip all you want~" he growled and scratched my hand, jumped out of my hold, and I felt myself being kicked in the back side. "Ow!" I yelled when I was being stepped on. I looked over my should at the rude fellow stepping on me.

"That's what you get for trying to take me to hippie land, angel." the young man seethed. His dark red hair blew in the wind, his smoldering amber eyes glared down at me. "Whaddya think, Abbadon? I think dad will love him." A man stepped out of the shadows. Not a man--a demon. The demon circled m body like a wolf, observing every inch. "He's perfect," Abbadon replied, getting down on one "Your father will have so much fun." I froze when something cold latched onto both of my wrists. "You can get off of him now, Lucian." The redhead got off my back, and stood me up. "Listen here angel," the one named Lucian glared at me. "You have exactly one month for father to decide your fate." I looked at the young man, confused. "Can you elaborate on that?" I asked, confused. The demon lit his cigarette with his finger, then took a long drag off of it. "That means, depending on your behavior, you will either be sacrificed or mated." "To who?!" I asked, impatiently. The demon smirked, flicking his cigarette. "To Lucifer."