XIV

a bright light hit my eyes that awoke me and made me groan in pain. "Damn it all," I growled. "Turn off the lights!" I squinted my eyes at the three suns. A hand wrapped around my waist and I froze. "Be quiet. I'm trying to sleep, dove." I shrieked at Lucifer wrapped around me.

  "Get off!" I kicked him square in the chest, and knocked him off the bed with an oof. "Babe!" He growled. "Stop kicking me off of you! Those long legs hurt." He pouted. I raised an eyebrow. "Um, hello? Lord of Darkness? Evil Demon King? Why are you acting like a prepubescent mortal?" He rolled his eyes, and huffed, standing up.

   "Because I can. Now hurry, I've got a surprise." He grabbed my hand, and dragged me around the castle until we reached the throne room. What met us was a small demon, with violet hair and golden eyes. Next to him was a golden tiger with purple eyes, herding a pack of hellhounds.

  "Focalor, you may leave now." The demon took a bow, and whistled at the tiger, who followed him out. Lucifer sat us on the floor, and called the hellhounds to us. They looked like black wolves licked in blue flames, and burning orange eyes. They looked cautiously at me, before one broke from the group to circle me and sniff me. He licked my nose, and yipped at the pack. Their tongues lolled out, and they all startedat me.

  "Uh, Lucifer! I do--" I gasped as I was suddenly covered in the large beasts, long, wet tongues everywhere not covered by clothes. I laughed as one sneezed as me, before rolling itself all over me. I pet as many as I could, giggling at every lick, snort, and whine.

  "I knew you'd like them!" Lucifer joined us, petting and cooing at the hounds that just arched under his attentions and licked him thoroughly. It was so sweet. Who would've known the practically universal symbol for evil could be so cute?

  Wait.

 Did I...? Oh my sweet Jesus. He's not cute! Not cutenotcutenotcutenotcute!

   He's Satan! Literally! How could I even? With a groan, I pet the hounds one last time, and left the throne room, Lucifer's body still covered in hounds.