VIII

Raziel (Jareth was my first male crush, and David Bowie will never be forgotten.)

Rage.

Frustration.

Sorrow.

These three emotions built up like a deadly storm, threatening to kill me. Rage at that monster for killing the light (other than Jesus Christ amen) of my life. I was frustrated that my plan wouldn't work anymore. Sorrow that my fiancée was dead, forever. She was nothing but a pile of ashes.

Maybe I should just die.

I looked up at Hell's harsh suns in my chambers. Well, it was more of a prison, nothing but a restroom, bed, and a window I couldn't even open. Life wasn't even worth living anymore. It's all his fault, all--

"Lucifer is awaiting your presence, angel." A servant bowed. My lip curled. "Tell him I'm not coming." The servant balked. "I-I can't I'll be killed!" I rolled my eyes. If only it was that easy.

"May, I, Raziel?" My eyes narrowed at the intruder. "What do you want betrayer?" Judas laughed. "Now, now, I want to show you who the true betrayer is." He grabbed my hands, and dragged me behind him. His hellhound led him to a room so he wouldn't bump into anything, because, you know, he's blind.

I was seated in a chair in a darkened room. "Take a look at this!" He thrusted a long paper at me.

"It's just dots." It was snatched from my hand. "Whoops, that's the braille version." He set a tiny glass ball in my hand. I rolled my eyes. "Oh, a crystal ball, how orig--"

"Yeah, baby, yeah!" Evangeline's voice rang in my ears.

I looked at the crystal ball, with despair filling my core.

My fiancée making love to another man.

But not just any man, one of the few I trusted.

Ezekiel.

"So glad this charade is over, how long have we hid this? Five months?" Evangeline asked Ezekiel.

Five months?

We've been engaged for five months.

My heart dropped to my stomach. "Do you understand now? Your fiancée was a hoe. I have more videos with more men, if you'd like." My tongue was stuck to the roof of my mouth. "Lucifer...he cares for my feelings?" The crystal was taken from me. "Yes." I stood up. "I'm leaving."

I ran out, and ran to my own room. I showered, threw on my assigned outfit, and the weird collar. I turned to the servant, who was, surprisingly still there. "Take me to your master."

Lucifer's raven hair shone under the suns, setting off his red highlights. His eyes flickered to me, and smirked. "Finally!" He made grabbing hands at me, and I jumped onto his lap. "I forgive you." I whispered. "For killing her. I forgive you. However, I still hate you, and I still want to go home." He laughed. "That won't happen anytime soon, precious. Now be still and quiet. I've got a meeting."