22. His Mansion

Beep

Beep. Beep. Beep

This is what I was woken up. I tried to open my eyes and it took some time. The first thing I saw was that I was in an unfamiliar room. And second, was that my hand was clasped with someone else. I panicked and hurriedly saw to whom hand belongs to. And it calmed me down a bit when I saw that it was Eros. I tried to slowly remove my hand from him but I didn't succeed as he woke up suddenly. His body alarmed but when he met my eyes he sighed in relief and then his eyes showed happiness with relief. And he whispered "Amelia" and then rushed to me and hugged me tightly.

After a few seconds of embrace, he pulled and saw me and whispered "You are up. God Amelia, you scared me. Please don't leave me. I was so scared" and then hugged me again and so did I.

"I'm not leaving you, Eros. Shh, calm down. I'm here. I'm not leaving " I cooed to him when I noticed his body was still tense and his heartbeat was fast.

"What happened? Why am I here?" I asked after a few peaceful minutes.

"What was the last thing you remembered?"

I tried to remember and then everything about me being beaten and getting almost raped hit me, I was feeling very disgusted with myself. My own father would do something like that made me sick. But I don't remember anything after that. The possibility that he would be near me, made me tremble in fear and I quickly hugged myself and sat at the very edge of a hospital bed which was facing the wall. I was still trembling in fear.

"Calm down sweetheart. He is not here. You are safe. I will not let anything happen to you. I promise. " Eros said and caressed my cheeks.

"Where is he?" I asked still paranoid that suddenly he might come.

"Where he deserves to be, in prison "
I nodded and slowly unwrapped my hands from my body.

"Why didn't you told me about your father?" he asked sadness and anger lacing his voice.

"I wanted to but, but I was scared. He could have hurt you. I didn't want you to get hurt." I stammered while few tears leaked from my eyes.

"Oh baby," he said and then picked me up and sat me on his lap and wrapped his arms around me and rocked us to and fro slowly. "Sweetheart, he wouldn't have hurt me. I'm strong. But he hurt you and this is what hurt me, you being in pain can only cause me pain. But now everything is okay. I'll not let anything happen to you again. Not now, not ever. I promise you. "

I nodded in content and breathed in his woodsy smell and calmed down almost instantly. But my stomach wasn't, as my stomach growled in hunger and my cheeks went red while Eros chuckled.