51. Funeral

I woke up and took a deep breath

I woke up and took a deep breath. My tormentor is finally dead, I can feel my body relax with all my paranoia of him coming back is gone. I smiled to myself.

"Wow, that's a huge smile for waking up at so early" Eros whispered in his deep and velvety voice as his arms hugged me from behind. I leaned back into his arms.

"I am just happy that now I won't have a nagging voice reminding me that Samuel could snatch all of the goodness in my life" I replied back just as softly. His arms tightened around me after he heard me.

He hummed back.

"Why did you woke up so early? You need to rest properly" he scolded me gently.

I looked into his eyes and said, "Even though thankfully no one died from our pack but still so many got severely injured and I can heal the so that's what I am going to do."

He just shook his head with a smile.

"So what are we waiting for, get up!" he exclaimed after he got up from the bed.

"We" I pointed at him then at myself and continued "are not going anywhere. I am going to help pack doctor and you are going to arrange the funeral for the dead wolves"

"But I want to see you using your healing power" he whined and pouted childishly.

"Okay, stop pouting. It doesn't suit you" I lied and added "You can come with me but after some time, you will go arrange the funeral, Okay?" he nodded and grinned in reply.

After we dressed and showered, we went to the pack doctor. He greeted us with a smile which we returned.

The place was almost full of injured people and I felt a tinge of guilt. First I went to Bren as he is the Beta of this pack and he had his duties to perform and also the fact that he isn't in a very bad condition as his Royal Beta blood in his veins helped him to heal pretty quickly; which meant he will be healed quickly.

His burns were better but still needed help.

After having a small talk to him, I got back to work. I observed that his left arm has huge burn marks, slightly healed deep scratches on his neck, and other minor wounds. The main concern was burns and scratches.

I closed my eyes and covered my hands right above his burnt skin. I put my mind at ease and let myself and Selene be concentrated. It was successful as I could feel my hands turn warm and the veins in my hands were prominent and started to turn bright blue in color. Then I gently put my hands down on his burned skin and the heat from my hands transferred to his skin. His skin started to heat up which meant that healing is started. Soon enough his skin turned to his usual temperature and I broke the contact of my hands on his skin.

I opened my eyes and was satisfied to see that his burned skin, now turned normal. I looked up and saw everyone looking at me with awe and fascination including the patients. I blushed slightly from their gazes but smiled shyly at them.

The first one to break the silence was Bren when he exclaimed "Wow! That was so awesome, Amelia. It doesn't even look like I had a burn in the first place" and then everyone snapped back. All of them voiced out their fascination and soon I was with Eros.

He leaned down and whispered in my ears "I am so proud of you, Mi Amor." and kissed me gently. I smiled hugely in the kiss. It was great having so many appreciate something you could do but having it come from someone who means everything to you; is a whole different feeling.

After that moment with Eros, he and Bren went to make arrangements for the funeral.

Just like I did with Bren's case, I repeated the process for all the people who were heavily injured.

One thing I made note was the fact during halfway I started to feel a little lightheaded. I shrug it off and concentrated on healing people.

It was now late afternoon. Everyone thanked me before I went back to our room. Eros was in the bathroom when I came back, the feeling of weakness and light head came to me in a sudden huge wave. I immediately laid down on the bed.

"Why am I feeling so weak?" I mind linked Selene.

"It is because as you are healing you are also giving them a little energy through the heat waves from your hands. And also concentrating and repeating the whole process so many times, took a lot of energy from both of us" she explained to me tiredly.

"Okay. Thank you for helping me, Selene. Now you also take some rest" I appreciated her.

"You too, Amelia" she replied and cut off the link.

I closed my eyes and the next thing is I am being wakened up by Eros.

I looked at him sleepily.

"Are you okay, Mi Amor?" he asked worriedly.

I rubbed my eyes to remove some sleep and said "I am just so tired and sleepy. It took a lot of my energy than I anticipated."

"Come here," he said softly and I made it into his arms. "You should have also taken care of yourself. If you were feeling so drained out, you should have continued tomorrow. They wouldn't have minded. They are so grateful that you helped them."

"I know. I feel so happy and content that I could help them someway. The look of relief on their faces when suddenly they weren't in any kind of pain and I being the one to help them to gain it; it felt so good. I immediately felt content." I shared how good I felt.

"I am proud of you," he repeated.

"I know" I smiled and kissed him.
__________

Every single one from our pack including us were standing in pack cemetery, dressed in pure black. The thick clouds covering the sun made everything darker. And it was supposed to as no matter who but lots of werewolves died, it was a sad occurrence.

The dead werewolves were respectfully buried in the soil. Everyone was silent the only sounds were howls of wind as if it was singing sadly with respect to all the dead.

With so much darkness and sadness yesterday and today, tomorrow will be the day of light. As the sun comes out only after dark is faded. And with this a new beginning has begun, the past is in the past. The demons are dead. The dark is fading and tomorrow will be a day of light.

------------

Holy shit! It's been an eternity. I didn't even realize that it has been more than a month since I last updated. So much has happened like for instance my left hand is bandaged, I finally got admission to the college that I wanted to, and more hell lot of shit.

Secondly, people you haven't yet replied that what do you want to take part in the celebration of the 50th chapter. How the hell could I proceed when only two people have voiced out their options and that to both different. It's been over a month and you still haven't replied I am so disappointed! Now tell me what and how am I supposed to do?