59. Alliance

I was in shock and grief as one of our pack members had to die

I was in shock and grief as one of our pack members had to die. While Eros and Bren weren't shocked or surprised after reading the note.

"We already expected it. We had a treaty with the previous Vampire King, Aetius. He was a good king and ruled fair but he was recently killed by Julius who is the recent Vampire King. As the treaty was made with the previous King who is now dead, the treaty is moot. From what I have heard from he is very coy, sneaky, and unfaithful. And the fact he warned us is very surprising and suspicious. He definitely has something up his sleeve. We cannot trust him." Eros explained and Bren nodded.

"So now what?" I questioned.

"Now first we will call and inform all the packs. And if they are capable and want to help us, they can send some of their best warriors for help. Then we would form an alliance with the Queen of Witch and Queen of Fairies. They are good friends with me and I am sure they will help us in any way they could." Eros answered. I nodded in reply.

"Eros we have to inform the family of the guard who was killed." Bren reminded us and the whole atmosphere turned into full of sadness.

"Who all are in his family?" Eros asked Bren.

"He had a mother and was also mated" Bren answered sadly.
We all sighed sadly. The death of any member is very painful as the whole pack is like an extended family and even the death of a single one makes an effect on our lives.

"Bren, you arrange a funeral for him while I and Amelia would notify his family," Eros said to Bren and grabbed my hand. I tightened my hold on his hand and we walked out of the office to see the family.

It wasn't easy telling them that their mate and son had lost their life. It was full of tears for them and even I shed some tears. But it also adds more fuel to the already burning fire which was us protecting our Kingdom from those Vampires and fighting back twice as hard as them.

"Come on, Amelia," Eros said as he came behind me, staring at the mirror. Two figures were both covered in black clothing with sad yet determined eyes, one pair of blue and one pair of green stared back. He hugged me from behind and I leaned into him. The day hasn't even ended yet it seems like an eternity wrapped itself in a single day. Though we mated a day ago it seems like a long time ago. I sighed and hugged him.

We both walked out of the room towards the place where the funeral was going to take place.

It was already filled. We stood beside the family of the guard. The rituals took place and when it was a chance for Eros to speak, he promised everyone that his death would be avenged and we will fight twice as hard as them. The council also made an appearance and we all mourned for the dead.

We all slept with heavy hearts and determined minds.

The next day we all kicked back into a routine.

The first thing Eros did after I woke him up was to have a meeting with the council to share his plan for the upcoming war.

They all agreed with Eros' plan to make an alliance with fairies and witches.

The next job was to call up and inform all the Alphas of the packs around the world. We won't be needing everyone to fight beside us in the war zone but rather only from the packs who have stronger and more number of warriors. If we even have 4-5 warriors from at least 50 packs all around the world, we would have 250 warriors but still, the respective packs would be protected as only a few warriors would be with us.

Till the time we discussed with the council, Bren had already notified small packs. The bigger and stronger packs were to be dealt with by me and Eros.

I was talking about one of the Alpha and he wouldn't stop flirting with me. He was insufferable. It got too much that I decided I need a break. We are definitely halfway through.

So I sat on Eros' lap and cuddled to his chest. I sighed happily.

He wrapped his arms around me, with his head on mine.

"The timing of this is so worst. I imagined so much how our days would go after we mated. How, of course with your approval, I would listen to your screams of ecstasy almost every night but now all we are worrying about is about our Kingdom. This is so how not normal couples had to worry about after they mate." Eros confessed.

I caressed his cheek and said "Eros we were never normal. Nothing about us is normal, I wasn't supposed to turn into a white wolf. My father wasn't supposed to be a rogue let alone a werewolf. So many things happened which isn't normal at all but that what made us stronger and more closely together. These unexpected things made me meet you. I don't regret that we have a not so normal life."

"You always know just the right things to say, don't you?" Eros asked as he playfully pinched my nose. I scrunched it up in response.

"Let's go for a run. It's been so long since we had one. Selene and Bryce would be so excited to run together."

"Okay, let's go" he answered.

We were a lot relaxed after we ran. After informing all the remaining packs and get a confirmation that they would arrive within the next few days, we officially decided to end the day and get a goodnight's sleep.

Eros was asleep when my phone rang. I saw the caller and walked outside the room to answer the call.

"What?" I questioned him quietly.

"Can you come for few minutes and see it's progress?" he asked me.

"Can't I do tomorrow?"

"If you want to be done fast then you need to come and see it now!" he emphasized it.

I sighed and answered, "Okay, fine I'll be there."

I reached the place and praised him after seeing the progress. I told him the changes that I want and told him to continue it tomorrow.

I slowly tiptoed back to the room and sighed in relief when I saw that Eros was still asleep. I joined him and soon fall asleep too.

------------
Author: "What do you think Amelia is hiding? Perhaps I should give you a hint-"

Amelia: *looks around and says* Shh, no you cannot say anything to anyone. Eros will hear it.

Author: Just a little hint, I swear I won't tell them fully.

Amelia shakes her head in a strict 'No'

Author : *Gives a disapproving glance to Amelia* So apparently I can't say anything but I would love to hear your theories, do comment them below. Kay, thanks!